Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Tikka t3 reloading recipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 02:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tikka t3 reloading recipes

I have a Tikka t3 Lite in .308 win. and I'm about to start reloading some ammo. I was just wondering if any of you Tikka owners could suggest a good load. Brass, primers, powder(gr and brand) and what type of bullet and brand.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIESLATER View Post
I have a Tikka t3 Lite in .308 win. and I'm about to start reloading some ammo. I was just wondering if any of you Tikka owners could suggest a good load. Brass, primers, powder(gr and brand) and what type of bullet and brand.
Attention to detail please.

"This forum is for questions and feedback about FirearmsTalk. No firearm questions, only questions about the forum."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1150 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Maybe the Mods will move this to the reloading section!

Zombieslater,What are you wanting to load for? Hunting loads-Big game,Small game - Target shooting.

Each rifle will shoot different,so your loads will vary a little from what someone else loads.

Brass-I like Winchester brass.I've always gotten the most life out of it over Remington brass.Or if you want to spend more $$,Hornady or Lapua brass is excellent.

Primers-As long as you use the same primer for your loads they will be consistant,but I always will try different brands once I get a load worked up.You will see differences in POI,but sometimes the primer change will improve the accuracy of the load.

Powders-I use Varget,Reloader 15 & 19 for most of my 308 loads.Reloader 15 is the best powder on most of my loads.

Bullets-I have a large selection of .308 bullets,since I load for 308,30/06,and 300WM from 150gr-220gr.
Your Tikka should have a 1-10 twist,so it will shoot just about any weight of bullet up to a 220gr. Most hunting bullets I use are 150gr-168gr with the 308,and I use a 168gr Nosler C/T Silvertip mainly.
Berger,Hornady,Nosler,and Sierra are the brands I mainly shoot.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8597 Times on 3727 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Yer moved. Note to original poster- no big thing- but pick the right category when posting a new thread, you will get more reads and answers. Regards- C3

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 11-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I'm currently working on a load for my T3 Super Varmint, I've got the ammo reloaded and ready for testing but haven't had the time to go to the range. I'm using Hornady brass, Lapua Scenar Silver HPBT 168grs, Vihtavuori N550 powder and Zenith primers. These should give good results when I find the best powder charge. I'll post some data when I have time to hit the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Your Tikka should have a 1-10 twist
Not a big difference but Tikka's .308s actually have 1-11 twist