Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Talk me into reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/talk-me-into-reloading-76963/)

partdeux 11-24-2012 01:23 AM

Talk me into reloading

While out after the anarchy this morning, we walked into a store that had a great price on a 70" screen. Boss asked me would I rather have a reloader or the big screen? I had to measure anyway (and it will fit, might have to move the center speaker tho), so we went home. Decided I really don't need the bigger screen... but it really begs the question, do I really need a reloader?

Thanks to a busy work environment, I don't have time to shoot anymore, much less reload.

Vikingdad 11-24-2012 01:27 AM

If you don't have time then get the big screen I guess. Getting into reloading takes a great deal of time.

KG7IL 11-24-2012 01:37 AM

I'll talk you into reloading. Not sure what "reloader" was offered, but it seems that 70" worth of dollars would get you started.
Again not sure what calibers you would reload, you will have to let us know.

So give me a little info and I'll talk you into it.

culdee 11-24-2012 01:45 AM

I don't want to talk you into reloading because then its one more person buying up primers and powder! LOL : )

partdeux 11-24-2012 02:05 AM

I was looking at the Brian Enos 550 kit... although on the local forum, a 650 popped up for sale :(

So, within reason, money isn't going to be a big detractor.

Also, I'm an engineer that is anal about accuracy ;)

9mm is the biggest volume, followed by .380. SWMBO now has a 38spl, but I see that as being the lowest priority. Wild card, I recently picked up the AR. Only have a couple thousand rounds of that on hand... I know a good weekend for some of you ;)

rjd3282 11-24-2012 05:13 AM

I have two tv's never watch either one of them. Nothing on the damn things anyway. My vote is for reloading. As an engineer you'll apreciate the hobby.

Chainfire 11-24-2012 11:52 AM

I have had the same delima as the OP. I shoot enough ammo to justify buying the equipment, and learning to use it. I have been reluctant to do so because I really don't need another "hobby". Maybe if I were younger it wouldn't be a question, but the truth of the matter is, at my age, I hate to hit the books to learn anything new. If it were possible, I would still be using DOS instead of windows.

I do believe that if I wanted to take it up, I would find someone who teaches the NRA class on reloading, take the class, then see if I wanted to continue.

I would have the brass to start a loading operation as I must have in excess of 10,000 once fired, .45 and 9 mm.

sdiver35 11-24-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjd3282 (Post 1025134)
I have two tv's never watch either one of them. Nothing on the damn things anyway. My vote is for reloading. As an engineer you'll apreciate the hobby.

+10 on the above post! I walk past a new 43" TV to get to my reloading bench in the basement. I would much rather work on reloads because to me it is relaxing and gives me time to get away from all the daily nose. The savings is just an extended benefit to me.

Plus, as others have said if your really not going to be into it, don't compete for the same supplies we need! LOL:D

Shade 11-24-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culdee (Post 1024907)
I don't want to talk you into reloading because then its one more person buying up primers and powder! LOL : )

+1 on that...

Nope don't do it is addictive, money sucking distraction... :eek::rolleyes:

JonM 11-24-2012 12:45 PM

I have yet to discover anything on tv worth watching enough to make me use money on a worthless device like a new tv.

Handloading is a natural extension of gun ownership. Those that load their ammunition tend to have a better understanding of ballistics and how to get bullets to hit targets than thise that dont.

If you got time to sit and watch stupid tv shows you got time to load ammo.