Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Swapping Brass (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/swapping-brass-42286/)

ktmboyz 05-09-2011 03:57 PM

Swapping Brass

I have started reloading now and usually on sunday night the g/f and I will go to the local shooting spot and pick up spent casings. I am starting to get brass I dont own firearms for like 44mag 7mm 454 ect. I had intentions of saving it for scrap or cleaning and depriming then listing on ebay, then I had the idea of a brass swap thread for reloaders who have brass they dont need or just want to offer to others on the forum..

Anyone else think this would be a good idea ??

canebrake 05-09-2011 04:48 PM

This is a great idea.

I've got some spent brass (not a lot) but hate to pitch it.

Not to tout my OCD behavior but I like to load all my mag loads (357 & 44) in nickel and standard (38 & 44 spl) in brass. This is not so much an anal activity as it is a safety visual-aid for these old eyes. This results in the off-finish cases being orphaned to some rubbermaid container under my bench.

We should set up a "Brass Trader" thread and see what shakes out.

doctherock 05-09-2011 04:59 PM

I've already done this with a supporting members on here with. 40 brass and other folks have sent me .223 brass.
Its a great idea.

VitSports6 05-09-2011 07:34 PM

I have no issue with keeping this among our selves, But there is a great site for trading brass and other assorted items, I have dealt with them on and off for over a year now, But like anything buyer/trader beware

Ammo Brass Trader Forums - All Discussions

Good luck with whatever comes of this, I will trade as I go anyhow, I knowI have at least 150+ .45acp brass that I dont reload, Just sitting around.

ktmboyz 05-09-2011 08:00 PM

I like the idea of keeping it among the FTF members. There are 26k + members here where as that trader forum is a mere 4k.

Plus I like the idea of helping out people you know.

I am going to start sorting tonight and see what I have that I wont use. If I have brass laying around that doesnt got to my guns I will have to go out and buy a gun in that caliber :p

VitSports6 05-10-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmboyz (Post 501459)
I like the idea of keeping it among the FTF members. There are 26k + members here where as that trader forum is a mere 4k.

While I agree with the numbers, However, How many reload here as to how many reload there, They trade in reloading
Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmboyz (Post 501459)
Plus I like the idea of helping out people you know.

I am going to start sorting tonight and see what I have that I wont use. If I have brass laying around that doesnt got to my guns I will have to go out and buy a gun in that caliber :p

Agreed.
Best of luck, I would be interested in what you have sorted out. :cool: