Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Storing ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

All this talk about ammo reminds me I should get busy with mine!

Last edited by PanBaccha; 11-09-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
In an underground cargo container. In combloc sealed cans (surplus 7.62x54r)
As the kids say: *...if only! * or *...I wish! *

Is Sarah Connor down there too?

Be Well.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #13

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilage66 View Post
As the kids say: *...if only! * or *...I wish! *

Is Sarah Connor down there too?
My Mom and Stepdad are preppers. Considering that I plan to bug out to their place in a SHTF situation, I thought it prudent to pre position some gear there. I've got 5 crates, 2 cans each, 880 rounds per crate. That's just what I have there, I have one more can under my bed. I've also got several packing crates of other all-around gear, clothes, MRE's, shoes, equipment, and such. I have to be honest, much of the gear was bought for me and my family kind of as a gift. My parents thought that since we plan on getting to their place, it would be a good idea to make sure we are well supplied, and since they have so much more money than I do, they did much of it for us. Of course that doesn't really count the equipment of the property in general, only the personal stuff.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

My Mom and Stepdad are preppers. Considering that I plan to bug out to their place in a SHTF situation, I thought it prudent to pre position some gear there. I've got 5 crates, 2 cans each, 880 rounds per crate. That's just what I have there, I have one more can under my bed. I've also got several packing crates of other all-around gear, clothes, MRE's, shoes, equipment, and such. I have to be honest, much of the gear was bought for me and my family kind of as a gift. My parents thought that since we plan on getting to their place, it would be a good idea to make sure we are well supplied, and since they have so much more money than I do, they did much of it for us. Of course that doesn't really count the equipment of the property in general, only the personal stuff.
pppssshhhhhtt.....nice folks.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutz47 View Post
pppssshhhhhtt.....nice folks.
Have kids? I've got one, I'd give anything to make sure he's taken care of. My mom just feels the same way about her baby boy. And when their personal income is something like 3 times the median income for their area, they can afford to do it. They just got extremely lucky with jobs, no kind of trust funds, market playing, crazy saving or anything. Both of their jobs are pretty rough (Mom's a coal miner, Step dad is a maintenance contractor), and they do them well, and get well paid for it.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Have kids? I've got one, I'd give anything to make sure he's taken care of. My mom just feels the same way about her baby boy. And when their personal income is something like 3 times the median income for their area, they can afford to do it. They just got extremely lucky with jobs, no kind of trust funds, market playing, crazy saving or anything. Both of their jobs are pretty rough (Mom's a coal miner, Step dad is a maintenance contractor), and they do them well, and get well paid for it.
Oh no don't get me wrong, I will do anything for my boy. And that includes an education on the real world. My folks are in lala land. Yours seem like some real swell people. You got lucky my friend.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutz47

Oh no don't get me wrong, I will do anything for my boy. And that includes an education on the real world. My folks are in lala land. Yours seem like some real swell people. You got lucky my friend.
Ha ha! No one could convince me otherwise! My mom's a saint, and getting ditched by my dad and meeting her new husband (12 years or so ago) was the best thing that happened to either one of us.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #18
hmh

Liked 128 Times on 88 Posts

Surplus ammo cans with silicone desacent. I saw a test several years ago where they threw live ammo in a fire the majority split the side of the case. I want to say of 1000 rounds only one or two came out with enuf force to do anything. Alot of fire departments will not go into a house if they know it has ammo. But for all intended purposes ammo cans with silicone desacent is safe, will keep your ammo in good condition, and is easy to tote/store.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Ha ha! No one could convince me otherwise! My mom's a saint, and getting ditched by my dad and meeting her new husband (12 years or so ago) was the best thing that happened to either one of us.
It would seem you have a great family life and that is a valuable commodity.
More power to you.

Be Well.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilage66 View Post
It would seem you have a great family life and that is a valuable commodity.
More power to you.
Thanks, and yes I do. My real dad and uncle are about the only ones left alive on that side of the family, and I don't talk to either one (dad by choice, uncle by his choice because I won't have anything to do with my dad) But my mom's side of the family is huge, growing every day, and very tight.