Storing Ammo...
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Storing Ammo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Storing Ammo...

I just purchased a large quantity of ammo. What is the best way to store it? I don't live in a humid climate but from what I hear it's best to keep it in a sealed container of some sort with one of those moisture absorbant doo-hickies? thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Tupperware for sportsmen

Every time I leave a local gun show I try to carry out at least one 50 cal. ammo can. I can usually get one with a good seal (rubber o-ring) for about five dollars. I store primers, pound cans of powder, and many rounds of reloaded ammunition in these cool Tupperware for sportsmen type containers. For a little more money you can buy really cool big ones that will hold a keg of powder. I only have a couple of those because I can never come to grips on any one powder.

Support your local gun shows. That's where all the cool people hang out.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #3

I agree on the 50 cal. ammo cans. I put my bulk ammo in a big baggie and throw one of those desiccant packages in with it and then store it in an ammo can.