Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Storage solutions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/storage-solutions-89092/)

aandabooks 04-18-2013 08:33 PM

Storage solutions
 
I've been storing all of my completed ammo in 100 pack boxes in various colors as I can get them for different bullet weights or different guns of the same caliber.

I've got several hundred of most of my calibers loaded up and am getting tired of buying boxes. I like the boxes for going to the range and they stack nice.

Anybody have any solutions for storing extra rounds? I don't know that tupperware would be much cheaper and ziplock baggies make me worry about humidity.

locutus 04-18-2013 09:21 PM

I store most of my ammo in cardboard "bulk boxes" of 250 rounds (available at most packaging companies) then store these bulk packs in 50 cal or 20MM ammo cans with dessicant, in a cool basement.

Clean one gallon paint cans and a pack of dessicant is another good way to store loose bulk ammo.

apwvsd40ve 04-19-2013 03:36 AM

Thanks for the tip on the dessicant...all my ammo is currently stock... I keep itt in cardboard box in divider trays as it comes and then in ammo can.....but w/o the dessicant and can certainly see the value in that.

Txhillbilly 04-23-2013 02:59 AM

I store all of my ammo is 50 cal Surplus cans. Been doing it that way for many years,I got 35-40 of them stuffed to the lid full of ammo.

locutus 04-23-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 1223883)
I store all of my ammo is 50 cal Surplus cans. Been doing it that way for many years,I got 35-40 of them stuffed to the lid full of ammo.

You and me both. If the Zombies attack, I can arm and equip the whole neighborhood!:D

apwvsd40ve 04-23-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 1223883)
I store all of my ammo is 50 cal Surplus cans. Been doing it that way for many years,I got 35-40 of them stuffed to the lid full of ammo.

Out of curiosity, how do you store (what sounds like) a pallet of ammo discreetly....I have 3 (soon to be 4) ammo cans and am Having trouble...lol

aandabooks 04-23-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 1223883)
I store all of my ammo is 50 cal Surplus cans. Been doing it that way for many years,I got 35-40 of them stuffed to the lid full of ammo.

I've got a few ammo cans full of factory ammo. Do you just throw your reloads in an ammo can loose? Reloads is what I need a storage solution for. I keep buying the MTM boxes and feel that I ave enough to hold my shoot right now ammo. Now I'm looking for a way to store the extra and refill the MTM boxes as I shoot that ammo.

fupuk 04-23-2013 02:00 PM

Ive been thinking of a job box and filling it with my ammo cans, it will weight a ton when its full plus you can lock it.

Txhillbilly 04-23-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve (Post 1224045)
Out of curiosity, how do you store (what sounds like) a pallet of ammo discreetly....I have 3 (soon to be 4) ammo cans and am Having trouble...lol

I have most out in my shop,the rest are kept in the house in case I'm inside when all hell breaks loose.LOL,You always want to have some close!

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...20Shop/011.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1224052)
I've got a few ammo cans full of factory ammo. Do you just throw your reloads in an ammo can loose? Reloads is what I need a storage solution for. I keep buying the MTM boxes and feel that I ave enough to hold my shoot right now ammo. Now I'm looking for a way to store the extra and refill the MTM boxes as I shoot that ammo.

It all depends on what the ammo is used for. For general purpose rounds,I just load the rounds and toss'em into an ammo can. For precision rounds for hunting/long range shooting,they are all in MTM ammo boxes,and then stored in the ammo cans.
I don't even want to think about how many MTM ammo boxes I have,and I could use about 50 more in certain calibers.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.