Storage Limit - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Storage Limit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 04:19 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I don't think it's anyones buisness how much ammo I have!
If it should ever become an issue,I'd simply bury it in waterprufe containers and only keep the legal alloyed on hand.
I did remove my powder from the house and now have my reloading in an out building, for safety reasons.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #12

Default Legal amount?

When one can never have enough ammo, why would it be a question?

Kidding...

The next question that follows would be not the amount but what type? IMHO that is not for me to decide which is more hazardous.

5.7x28 case is 2k, and one case of each ss195 and ss197 would be 4k rounds.

A brick of .22 is around 500 rounds.

I don't even know what a box of .50 is, but I have friends who would...

So, if I have the following in rifles, guns and or both - .22, .32, .380, 9mm, .40, .357, .223, 5.7x28, .308, 7.62x39 and .30-06 you can see where I'm going with this?

Old 02-16-2008, 04:52 AM   #13

I only have one box of ammo that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #14

Wildcatt was right about Mass having a limit. You are allowed to store a total of 1000 rounds of centerfire, 1000 rounds of shotgun and 5000 rounds of rimfire.
I'd say that's a pretty tough limit to stick to if you have a decent size arms collection, consisting of many different calibers, and you want to keep a few boxes of ammo on hand for each one.........

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 02-18-2008, 01:26 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This will most likely be governed by local ordinances, if at all. Long ago, I decided that I just didn't want to know what the local municipal code said. I'm sure that I have way too much.

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov

Old 02-18-2008, 06:48 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
No Federal stipulations yet, but many informed activists believe the Democratic congress will target ammunition sales and storage to get a regressive gun control in the "back door".
As of presidential inauguration day 2009, we may very well be looking at complete Democrat control of the White House, Senate and House of Representatives.

Be sure to buy all the semi-auto weapons, ammunition, high capacity magazines and accessories you can afford before the end of this year.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #17

man now i need 2 look at the laws here im sure im not in the right with this 1 but idk well just have to go shooting for a week

Old 01-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Frankly I don't care what the government says and beside I live in the middle of nowhere and I doubt the county has a law about that stuff in rural Texas

Old 02-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #19

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

The best thing anyone can do to fly under the radar of curious Big Brother is to pay for ammo in cash. No checks or credit cards that have reciepts that leave evidence of what you purchase. You might trigger something if you bought a huge amount of ammo from one store and the salesman thought you looked like the Unabomber, you had a beard and a turban, you were nerviously looking over your shoulder in the process of buying or the seller was really a liberal, left wing commie anti gunner. And there are some of them that are sales clerks since stores have to hire almost anyone that can operate a cash register.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #20

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
Wildcatt was right about Mass having a limit. You are allowed to store a total of 1000 rounds of centerfire, 1000 rounds of shotgun and 5000 rounds of rimfire.
I'd say that's a pretty tough limit to stick to if you have a decent size arms collection, consisting of many different calibers, and you want to keep a few boxes of ammo on hand for each one.........
source?.....

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?