Storage Limit
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Storage Limit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Storage Limit

Are there any Federal or State laws on a maximum amount of ammo you are allowed to own?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2007, 02:27 AM   #2

There are probably local zoning laws related to hazardous materials that could be invoked, but typically, ammo is not hazardous unless it is loaded in a chamber and the barrel pointed at you.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #3

Default As FalPhil said, depends on local ordinances

No Federal stipulations yet, but many informed activists believe the Democratic congress will target ammunition sales and storage to get a regressive gun control in the "back door".

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #4

Default ammo amount

the national fire ass.has regulations that most states follow.Mass is one state
how ever if you want real trouble all you have to do is get enough so the feds notice you and let it be known to nabors you have a lot.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:34 AM   #5

Default Leagle amount of ammo

I'm really not sure about ammo, but I know gun powder and primers after so many they are supposed to be in a speacial fire proof container, just the same I would be careful who I asked, it probably works like the FBI if you ask them if you have a FBI file and you don't, you will have one, just for asking!!!

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sometimes homeowner's insurance policies have regulations that limit quantities of hazardous material on your property. Of course if your house burns down they'd have to prove it.

God, grant me the courage to do what I know is right, even when I think it is hopeless.

www.michiganmilitia.com

Old 11-22-2007, 06:38 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declaration Day View Post
Sometimes homeowner's insurance policies have regulations that limit quantities of hazardous material on your property. Of course if your house burns down they'd have to prove it.
Depends if that was the reason why it burned in the first place

I can't believe that we are to the point to where we have to be concerned how much ammo is stored legally. I have even heard (don't know if its true) that there have been gov't attempts to limit how much food one can store. I am not one to stock up on either ammo or food, but it just seems strange that the gov't would try to limit a citizen's ability to do so.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
I have even heard (don't know if its true) that there have been gov't attempts to limit how much food one can store. I am not one to stock up on either ammo or food, but it just seems strange that the gov't would try to limit a citizen's ability to do so.
Hard to revolt against tyranny without food and bullets. I don't believe anything like that is true, but if you're dependent on a dole you're not very likely to upset the giver just in case he stops giving.

That's the result of a debased citizenry. Too dependent on handouts, too fearful to lose them by demanding your rights. Sounds like a "progressives" wet dream....

9x18=Makarov

Old 11-23-2007, 04:02 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Nope, not even in Cali. Buying large amounts of ammo may get you put on a watch list though. COINTELPROs still exist.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #10

In Canada, the reg states that you can have a REASONABLE amount of ammo stored in a residence.

Now, there isn't a definition of what REASONABLE means.

My definition is, if you're a plinker, 50 - 100 rounds may be all you need.

If you're a target rifle shooter, 2000 rds may be all you need.

If you're an IPSC shooter, 50,000 - 100,000 rounds may be all you need.

And the list goes on.

Please note that I used 'maybe', you insert your own number.

REASONABLE is very subjective in meaning and it means, really, whatever YOU say it is!