stopped in to my LGS for the 1st time for reloadin supplies
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > stopped in to my LGS for the 1st time for reloadin supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default stopped in to my LGS for the 1st time for reloadin supplies

I have been avoiding this place like the plaque for years just because its run outta the guys house and low income appartments around it. Iv been wanting to pick up a hand primer and i figured meh what the hell ill stop in. Theres two guys in the shop, the owner and some huge bearded man.

Thinking it was a long shot to say the least that he would have such an item i blurted it out first thing to get the disappointment over with. Lee?, he says.

As the 2guys are laughin n talkin he goes into the back and comes out with one of the old Lee hand primers brandnew still in the box never opened with the old price tag on it! The owner is happy i told him he just made my whole weekend and starts to examine the huge sausage his buddy brought him.

Next i asked for some 45acp brass. he had ABF 50count ina ziplock bag for 2bux. So ofcourse i had to pick up a box of CCI Stingers he had sittin there also, just cuzz lol.

I figured these guys were gunna look down the noses at me and scoff asking me what right i had to think i knew anything about anything. Old timers from Maine CAN tend to be sucha way. Nothing of the sort. More old dudes came in, ( regulars, no doubt) wearing Veteran hats and big mustaches and they were pretty damn cool.

The owner waived the tax on my purchase witha big grin as i asked him for two $5 bills in change. I stuck one in my wallet and gave one to him after the purchase." Supportin local gun shops i says". He thanked me and off i went.

He doesnt know it yet, but he just made a customer for life.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #2

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

The ones who have a small business from there home always have all the parts and odds and ends you need and can't find any other place.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 52 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Torpackas?

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #4

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky80 View Post
Torpackas?
Thas the one man!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 52 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I went in yesterday for the first time. I happened to call a friend to ask if he could grab some primers, when he goes down to cabelas. He was talking to the owner, Tim at the time and he set them aside for me. Tim's a nice guy, I took a hunters safety course with him years ago. Also a good source of info. I am going to use him more.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan