In stock primers.... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In stock primers....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor View Post
One thing you have to look at with alot of these places, is the cost of there work force. There isn't alot coming in to sell but they still have employees to pay. By raising there prices, they are covering there employees pay check. When you look online just about everything they make their money on is sold out.
Well you are definitely right on that and I do understand, but some of them still seem to be raising their prices an awful lot tho and supply and demand of course does determine the costs of the products too. It is just my personal opinion that some of them are being a little bit rediculous but at the same point if people are going to pay the prices they are selling the products at of course they are gonna keep the prices high too. It is a sad situation we are all in as the suppliers and consumers and the unreasonable fact that everything is all sold out like it is due to "hoarders" or whatever you want to blame for the reason everything is out of stock, it is definitely hard times for all involved. I am sorry if anyone took it as I was meaning some sort of boycott, I guess in a way that is how I kinda made it sound too, but I was just trying to make a point that maybe we shouldn't support the way overpriced companies that seem to be taking advantage of the situation and continue to support the reasonable companies.

Last edited by customammo72; 04-10-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotex View Post
I am doing the same thing you are = keeping a list of the worst offenders.
Well I am glad to see someone else is doing the same, I don't see where it is not reasonable to do so and I wouldn't be that way about it if is was across the board, but when I am finding the same things at reasonable prices one place, and then extremely unreasonable prices at another, I am going to support the reasonable company and not the unreasonable one and will keep it in mind in the future when things do return to normal, and remember the good companies to continue to give them my business and the ones who were rediculous don't deserve my business if that is how they want to work. This is also to include the businesses that are charging $150 for 500 rounds of 22lr that normally is sold for $25 or $30 per 500 usually. You can still find the same 22lr at reasonable prices if you shop around, so once again I know the manufacturers are not causing the huge inflation in prices that some companies are trying to charge.

Last edited by customammo72; 04-10-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #33

Default prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post
No, all I am saying is that we should buy the reasonable priced ones from the companies that aren't completely gouging you, such as $80 per thousand, I understand a little bit of a higher price but come on man, $80 for a thousand primers that are worth less than $30???? I mean I understand 45 or 50 bucks now cuz of the whole supply/demand issue and the shortages. I am not trying to stage a boycott, I just think we should support the companies that support us too by not gouging us to death, and not support the ones that are pricing their products way too high. By all means my friend if you are ok with paying the 4 or 5 times the price of the normal cost for supplies then go right ahead. I don't know how long you have been reloading but I survived the shortage in 94 and 08 and same thing back then, I refused to pay the rediculous prices from some companies and would pay a little extra from the companies that were loyal to their customers and didn't completely gouge the hell out of them. I appreciate a little smartassism but you don't have to go so far with it man, this ain't that serious. I just think we shouldn't support a company who wants to take advantage of us when there are plenty other companies out there who are keeping their prices reasonable, that's all. I am sorry if you don't agree with that concept and like to get raped on cost of supplies, I for one live off of a limited income and cannot afford such rediculous prices as $80 per thousand primers, but if you have the money to pay for them at those crazy prices more power to you my friend.

Oh, ok. I see. It is all relative and a matter of interpretation. So, $80 may be high for some, and not for others. $40 may be high for some and not for others. From what you have written, $80 is your cut off point. So according to you, we should set our extreme parameter at $80. So, as you stated, I am part of the problem because I bought primers for $39.95, but if another guy buys them for less than $80, it is ok. So really what you mean is that anything under $80 is ok. So I take it that the $39.95 really is ok after all. So, then if someone buys them for $40, $50, $60, $70, or even $79 it is ok as long as he doesn't go to that $80 cut off point. Before, you said I was part of the problem and now you say, "...more power to you my friend."
You also said, "...I can understand $45 or $50 now...." So I see you have changed your mind. You were not part of the problem at $50, but I WAS part of the problem at $39.95; but now, because I have not gone over that magic $80, I am no longer part of the problem. Well, I'm glad you cleared that up.
BTW, I started reloading in 1968. I guess then I have been reloading for around 45 years or so. I'll make sure I stay under $80 so I don't become part of the problem now that you have set me straight.
ct

JWSchramm Likes This 
Old 04-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Oh, ok. I see. It is all relative and a matter of interpretation. So, $80 may be high for some, and not for others. $40 may be high for some and not for others. From what you have written, $80 is your cut off point. So according to you, we should set our extreme parameter at $80. So, as you stated, I am part of the problem because I bought primers for $39.95, but if another guy buys them for less than $80, it is ok. So really what you mean is that anything under $80 is ok. So I take it that the $39.95 really is ok after all. So, then if someone buys them for $40, $50, $60, $70, or even $79 it is ok as long as he doesn't go to that $80 cut off point. Before, you said I was part of the problem and now you say, "...more power to you my friend."
You also said, "...I can understand $45 or $50 now...." So I see you have changed your mind. You were not part of the problem at $50, but I WAS part of the problem at $39.95; but now, because I have not gone over that magic $80, I am no longer part of the problem. Well, I'm glad you cleared that up.
BTW, I started reloading in 1968. I guess then I have been reloading for around 45 years or so. I'll make sure I stay under $80 so I don't become part of the problem now that you have set me straight.
ct
No, I never said you were part of the problem at $39.95 for the primers, that is pretty reasonable at the moment, I said that if you are willing to pay the $80 for a thousand cheap primers I feel you are part of the problem because you are supporting the company charging way too much for something, I never changed my mind on anything, from the very beginning all I was stating was that $80 for normally $25 primers was a bit ridiculous and that "hey maybe we shouldn't support the companies that are pulling this crap and seem to be ripping customers off"....... That's all..... you are reading way too far into my posts and making it into something it is not, it was never meant to be such a serious subject that you have turned it into, it was a matter of opinion and an idea, which apparently I am not alone on the idea on as someone else has also stated they are doing the same thing, remembering who the ripoff companies are and the reasonable companies are. Just got large rifle magnum primers, remington 9 1/2's from Natchez today for $43 per thousand, a little higher than normal, yes, unreasonable, no...... but if they can sell primers at a still reasonable price, and in my opinion a better brand than wolf, why does another company have to raise their prices to such high amounts as much as $80 per thousand. Please don't just drop this subject, I do appreciate your input on this matter and I also hope that a mod doesn't close it because we are having a slight disagreement here. I am not trying to anger you or anything, I am just trying to express my opinion on the matter and I welcome your opinion as well. I am glad to have this discussion with a well experienced reloader and not with someone who hasn't been thru the shortages and crap that we have over the years. Thank you for your input on the matter, and please respond, I do like to hear what you have to say about this, I only see this as a disagreement about a certain matter between two grown men, I am not trying to make you an enemy or anything. CA72
Old 04-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #35

Also cottontop please let me do apologize a bit if I did come off wrong on a few of the posts, I just had spinal reconstruction surgery and am on a bunch of medication, I know, not an excuse but sometimes I don't always word things like I mean too currently and like I said, I don't want to make you an enemy, I hope you understand.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #36

Just for example here, Natchez has Tula large pistol magnum primers for 21.49 per thousand....... no extremely high prices here..... how can they seem to do it like so many others but not a few that wanna charge nearly a hundred bucks per thousand????? Once again, I can prove my point.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #37

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor View Post
I just got into reloading this past January, what was the price of primers for a 1000 before last November?
Im used to paying about $30 a thousand before Sandy Hook happened.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #38

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post
No, I never said you were part of the problem at $39.95 for the primers, that is pretty reasonable at the moment, I said that if you are willing to pay the $80 for a thousand cheap primers I feel you are part of the problem because you are supporting the company charging way too much for something, I never changed my mind on anything, from the very beginning all I was stating was that $80 for normally $25 primers was a bit ridiculous and that "hey maybe we shouldn't support the companies that are pulling this crap and seem to be ripping customers off"....... That's all..... you are reading way too far into my posts and making it into something it is not, it was never meant to be such a serious subject that you have turned it into, it was a matter of opinion and an idea, which apparently I am not alone on the idea on as someone else has also stated they are doing the same thing, remembering who the ripoff companies are and the reasonable companies are. Just got large rifle magnum primers, remington 9 1/2's from Natchez today for $43 per thousand, a little higher than normal, yes, unreasonable, no...... but if they can sell primers at a still reasonable price, and in my opinion a better brand than wolf, why does another company have to raise their prices to such high amounts as much as $80 per thousand. Please don't just drop this subject, I do appreciate your input on this matter and I also hope that a mod doesn't close it because we are having a slight disagreement here. I am not trying to anger you or anything, I am just trying to express my opinion on the matter and I welcome your opinion as well. I am glad to have this discussion with a well experienced reloader and not with someone who hasn't been thru the shortages and crap that we have over the years. Thank you for your input on the matter, and please respond, I do like to hear what you have to say about this, I only see this as a disagreement about a certain matter between two grown men, I am not trying to make you an enemy or anything. CA72
Cotton if you dont believe that people who are paying rediculous prices arent a HUGE part of the problem,then I have to strongly disagree because there are people out there who are new to EVERYTHING firearm who are being taken advantage of every second of every day right now. Un-ethical dealers are ripping these people off and lauhing all the way to the bank. If everyone would stop all this hoarding then supply and demand would take care of the current price gouging by itself. IMHO
Old 04-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #39

Quote:
Im used to paying about $30 a thousand before Sandy Hook happened.
Yeah exactly which was fair, and I believe even $40 right now due to demand, maybe even $50 depending on what brand, etc. of primers is fair cuz of the huge shortage and all that, but $80 for $20 primers is just a bit much and I feel it is a ripoff....... I still found the Wolfs for $35 the other day at one site, so like I said, what justification does the ammunition store have for selling them for $80? I still feel they are ripping customers off, I am sorry if someone doesn't agree with that, but common sense I see it as being greedy and I refuse to support a company that does this. I am only finding this crap with them and cheaper than dirt, occasionally a few other places with ammo now and then, like $150 for 500 .22lr..... Like I said, I keep a monitor on them and have a list of the extreme gougers and a list of the still fair priced companies to remember who to give my business to. Only a few companies out there are jacking their prices way high, most companies are not, so I don't see how someone can defend the gougers. Just my opinion tho, everyone has a right to their own and the right to buy from whomever they wish. I just wish to influence the people who don't know better to not pay the extreme prices when you can still find the stuff reasonably priced if you do your homework and ask the people that know better to not support these companies. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Last edited by customammo72; 04-11-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #40

Quote:
Cotton if you dont believe that people who are paying rediculous prices arent a HUGE part of the problem,then I have to strongly disagree because there are people out there who are new to EVERYTHING firearm who are being taken advantage of every second of every day right now. Un-ethical dealers are ripping these people off and lauhing all the way to the bank. If everyone would stop all this hoarding then supply and demand would take care of the current price gouging by itself. IMHO
This is EXACTLY what my point was with this entire post, people that don't know any better are being ripped off and it is wrong, and those who do know better but continue to pay the way overpriced prices are a part of the problem too.

Closed Thread