Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In stock primers....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 01:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lakeland,Florida
Posts: 1,430
Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default

I just paid $39.95 for 1000 Winchester LG rifle primers at the LGS. Yeah, this price is too high. But, what is the alternative? Pay the price, or don't reload; and not reloading means no shooting for me. Since shooting and reloading are my main hobbies, I paid the price. Why whine about it? There is really nothing anyone can do. It is legal, maybe not customer friendly or ethical, but legal. There is an old saying that goes, "if you want to play like a man, you've got to pay like a man."
ct

__________________

Last edited by cottontop; 04-10-2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: spelling
cottontop is offline  
 
Old 04-10-2013, 02:09 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
customammo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 186
Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I just paid $39.95 for 1000 Winchester LG rifle primers at the LGS. Yeah, this price is too high. But, what is the alternative? Pay the price, or don't reload; and not reloading means no shooting for me. Since shooting and reloading are my main hobbies, I paid the price. Why whine about it? There is really nothing anyone can do. It is legal, maybe not customer friendly or ethical, but legal. There is an old saying that goes, "if you want to play like a man, you've got to pay like a man."
ct
I am not whining. $40 for 1,000 is not much more than they normally were, but when you are selling primers that were less than $30 per thousand for $80 per thousand, I am sorry that is just wrong and you are screwing people over, I don't care what you say. If you are ok with paying that freakin much for primers then by all means go for it, but you are fueling the problem, not helping fix it.
__________________
customammo72 is offline  
 
Old 04-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 481
Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Default

Its the same as gas prices, you would think since we are exporting gas more and more gas,our prices would come down but they haven't

__________________
Crazycastor is offline  
customammo72 Likes This 
Old 04-10-2013, 03:24 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lakeland,Florida
Posts: 1,430
Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default

Hey, hold onto those proverbial horses there, customammo72. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. Do you seriously believe that if I stop buying primers and completely stop reloading and shooting for a couple of years that prices will go down for everybody else because I stopped buying them, and all the other reloaders in the country will join in and stop buying reloading stuff too? I didn't even know there was a general consensus boycott of reloading components among the shooting fraternity. I have not seen anything about a boycott on this forum or any of the other gun/shooting forums I frequent. Please tell us about it. I assume that you are in charge of this nationwide boycott. Well, give us a report on it from time to time, will you? Don't hold back so much in the future. All of us gun owners are wanting info on the boycott and how it is progressing. What strides have you made so far? How much longer do you think the prices will be so high? We want to see your projected date.
ct

__________________

Last edited by cottontop; 04-10-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: spelling
cottontop is offline  
 
Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 481
Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Default

I just got into reloading this past January, what was the price of primers for a 1000 before last November?

__________________
Crazycastor is offline  
 
Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
customammo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 186
Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Hey, hold onto those proverbial horses there, customammo72. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. Do you seriously believe that if I stop buying primers and completely stop reloading and shooting for a couple of years that prices will go down for everybody else because I stopped buying them, and all the other reloaders in the country will join in and stop buying reloading stuff too? I didn't even know there was a general consensus boycott of reloading components among the shooting fraternity. I have not seen anything about a boycott on this forum or any of the other gun/shooting forums I frequent. Please tell us about it. I assume that you are in charge of this nationwide boycott. Well, give of a report on it from time to time, will you? Don't hold back so much in the future. All of us gun owners are wanting info on the boycott and how it is progressing. What strides have you made so far? How much longer do you think the prices will be so high? We want to see your projected date.
ct
No, all I am saying is that we should buy the reasonable priced ones from the companies that aren't completely gouging you, such as $80 per thousand, I understand a little bit of a higher price but come on man, $80 for a thousand primers that are worth less than $30???? I mean I understand 45 or 50 bucks now cuz of the whole supply/demand issue and the shortages. I am not trying to stage a boycott, I just think we should support the companies that support us too by not gouging us to death, and not support the ones that are pricing their products way too high. By all means my friend if you are ok with paying the 4 or 5 times the price of the normal cost for supplies then go right ahead. I don't know how long you have been reloading but I survived the shortage in 94 and 08 and same thing back then, I refused to pay the rediculous prices from some companies and would pay a little extra from the companies that were loyal to their customers and didn't completely gouge the hell out of them. I appreciate a little smartassism but you don't have to go so far with it man, this ain't that serious. I just think we shouldn't support a company who wants to take advantage of us when there are plenty other companies out there who are keeping their prices reasonable, that's all. I am sorry if you don't agree with that concept and like to get raped on cost of supplies, I for one live off of a limited income and cannot afford such rediculous prices as $80 per thousand primers, but if you have the money to pay for them at those crazy prices more power to you my friend.
__________________
customammo72 is offline  
coyotex Likes This 
Old 04-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
customammo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 186
Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor View Post
Its the same as gas prices, you would think since we are exporting gas more and more gas,our prices would come down but they haven't
I agree, it's just not right. However we can't choose where to buy gas unfortunately, it is expensive everywhere. Reloading supplies at one place extremely high priced and reloading supplies at another place reasonably priced you can control tho, don't buy from the high priced company but continue to support the lower priced company that is trying to be fair to its customers is my point.
__________________

Last edited by customammo72; 04-10-2013 at 05:04 AM.
customammo72 is offline  
 
Old 04-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
customammo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 186
Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor View Post
I just got into reloading this past January, what was the price of primers for a 1000 before last November?
These wolf primers I am talking about that the ammunition store is charging the rediculous amount of $80 per thousand could be bought for about $20 or $25 per thousand before this craziness..... and I know the company that makes the primers didn't just all of a sudden start charging way more for their primers to make the ammunition store raise their prices because I found them for $35 per thousand at another supplier online. I am just trying to make a point that we shouldn't support the over priced supplier for being stupid and support the companies that support their customers and don't raise their prices so high for no reason.
__________________
customammo72 is offline  
 
Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: charlotte,nc
Posts: 38
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post
Well they got 78,000 back in stock of the small rifle primers today, still at 60 bucks per thousand, let's see how long they last once again....... stupid people... I wish there was a way to post comments on their website so I could make a post about how they are ripping people off horribly.... I am making a list of the companies that are doing this crap with their prices to remember that when things go back to normal to never buy anything from them ever again.
I am doing the same thing you are = keeping a list of the worst offenders.
__________________
coyotex is offline  
customammo72 Likes This 
Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 481
Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Default

One thing you have to look at with alot of these places, is the cost of there work force. There isn't alot coming in to sell but they still have employees to pay. By raising there prices, they are covering there employees pay check. When you look online just about everything they make their money on is sold out.

__________________
Crazycastor is offline  
JWSchramm Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
primers Kraj Ammunition & Reloading 17 04-18-2013 06:50 AM
Cabelas has remington 7 1/2 primers in stock on website TaurusUserPT92 Gunsmithing Forum 0 01-10-2013 07:23 PM
Primers SwampDonkey Ammunition & Reloading 12 08-01-2012 03:22 AM
knoxx stock vs kicklite recoil reducing stock (mossberg 500) PowerViolence General Shotgun Discussion 3 07-24-2011 04:43 AM
rifle mag primers -v- large rifle primers ricardo Ammunition & Reloading 14 11-17-2010 04:19 PM