Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Stay away from Tul-Ammo!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/stay-away-tul-ammo-105213/)

orlando_marquez 03-18-2014 07:31 PM

Tula-Ammo damaged my Sig P220!!

2 Attachment(s)
I had used Tula-Ammo a few times before, very dirty and questionable ammo. I figured ocassional range drills with it would be ok. UNTIL one FMJ stopped mid-barrel. The 2nd round fired and caused heavy damag to my barrel. "Barrel bulge" was the result and although I did everything I could, it had to get sent in to a Sig gunsmith. $449 later, I had a new barrel and some minor damage repaired. I have used Tula-Ammo on AR-15 and every 2 or 3 rounds the gun jammed. Fed my regular Remington's in it and no feeding problems. I am staying away from using this ammo again... cheap to buy but it results in too costly repairs.

Sent from my Winchester 1300 Defender using Firearms Talk mobile app

orlando_marquez 03-18-2014 07:33 PM

Stay away from Tul-Ammo!!

2 Attachment(s)
I had used Tul-Ammo a few times before, very dirty and questionable ammo. I figured ocassional range drills with it would be ok. UNTIL one FMJ stopped mid-barrel. The 2nd round fired and caused heavy damag to my barrel. "Barrel bulge" was the result and although I did everything I could, it had to get sent in to a Sig gunsmith. $449 later, I had a new barrel and some minor damage repaired. I have used Tul-Ammo on AR-15 and every 2 or 3 rounds the gun jammed. Fed my regular Remington's in it and no feeding problems. I am staying away from using this ammo again... cheap to buy but it results in too costly repairs.

orlando_marquez 03-18-2014 07:36 PM

Stay away from Tul-Ammo!

2 Attachment(s)
I had used Tul-Ammo a few times before, very dirty and questionable ammo. I figured ocassional range drills with it would be ok. UNTIL one FMJ stopped mid-barrel. The 2nd round fired and caused heavy damag to my barrel. "Barrel bulge" was the result and although I did everything I could, it had to get sent in to a Sig gunsmith. $449 later, I had a new barrel and some minor damage repaired. I have used Tul-Ammo on AR-15 and every 2 or 3 rounds the gun jammed. Fed my regular Remington's in it and no feeding problems. I am staying away from using this ammo again... cheap to buy but it results in too costly repairs.

danf_fl 03-18-2014 07:48 PM

I would have thought that if a bullet gets lodged in the barrel, the round would not have sounded "normal"

This can happen with any ammo. I have had that happen with Federal that was not stored correctly or properly.

The key is to stop shooting when you hear or feel something strange. Don't try to dislodge such a bullet with another.

Did the casing eject properly?

JWagner 03-18-2014 07:50 PM

I am beginning to embrace the idea that Russian ammo in Russian guns is ok. My experience with Russian steel case ammo in my AR is a disaster. It is no fun trying to remove a well-stuck case from an assembled gun. This happened with my Olympic AR and will not be tried in my Colt AR.

seancslaughter 03-18-2014 07:57 PM

Dude you just violated the language filter in your title sorry bout your sig though

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

chloeshooter 03-18-2014 08:05 PM

well not to make light of the $$ you had to spend but I must say all things considered, this could have ended worse........

Eagle1803 03-18-2014 08:08 PM

That's right, I have had this happen to me before also, when you fire a rd and it sticks in the barrel,the sound will be different, like day and night.

However, I do not have faith in TUL ammo or any of that cheap mexican ammo.

John_Deer 03-18-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1533253)
I would have thought that if a bullet gets lodged in the barrel, the round would not have sounded "normal"

This can happen with any ammo. I have had that happen with Federal that was not stored correctly or properly.

The key is to stop shooting when you hear or feel something strange. Don't try to dislodge such a bullet with another.

Did the casing eject properly?

I have experienced two squibs in my life. One was an American Eagle 357 mag. The other was a Remington 30/06 round. Neither shell had any powder at all in it. The 357 bullet actually hit the target with just the primer at 10 yards.

Neither squib sounded normal. Almost anyone except the OP would have stopped shooting. The squib in the 30/06 was very easy to clear.

nchunt101 03-18-2014 08:23 PM

I feel bad for you but it is sorta tiresome to see the same post in like 4 forums.