Static electricity - Page 4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Static electricity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
Apples to oranges at best. Dust comes in all kinda forms, from wood to grain to man made products and YES it can and will ignite and explode from static.

Powder is not "dust" and is not going to ignite from static on the bench in it's original form.
not hardly. to even think something can't or never will happen is living life foolishly. i am sure there are people who have been killed or injured that thought something couldn't or never would happen.

when dealing with items that are potentially dangerous, it pays to err on the side of caution. all it takes is one time, for the conditions to be right for events to change a person's entire life.

you can believe whatever you want and i'm not going to argue about it. but i will let others draw their own conclusions and make their own choices.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
not hardly. to even think something can't or never will happen is living life foolishly. i am sure there are people who have been killed or injured that thought something couldn't or never would happen.

when dealing with items that are potentially dangerous, it pays to err on the side of caution. all it takes is one time, for the conditions to be right for events to change a person's entire life.

you can believe whatever you want and i'm not going to argue about it. but i will let others draw their own conclusions and make their own choices.
+1 we had primer jams multiple times a day, I had cleared those Jan's the exact same way probably a few thousand times. It only takes once for the conditions to be just right for a different outcome you're expecting. I never thought I would have set off primers but it only took 1 time to get me an ambulance ride straight to the hospital. It's not worth the risk

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 03-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

With a high volume production setup I can see how it can happen, but I can't say that I have ever heard of a powder hopper lighting off in a home reloader setup. Primers? Yup. Heard of that happening. but not powder. On the other hand one must take great care in working with black powder because it is far easier to light off.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

When I ask questions, sometimes I have a good idea of the answer and am just looking for other opinions, not arguments. Thank you for your opinion.n
Old 03-02-2014, 01:35 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 746 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradam View Post
When I ask questions, sometimes I have a good idea of the answer and am just looking for other opinions, not arguments. Thank you for your opinion.n
Watch the video I posted, it is more a fact then an opinion.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:46 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Perhaps I am being a bit anal and over thinking but sometimes that is just way I am. Lyman 49th edition, Page 60. Primers, Caution: "Primers can explode if subjected to friction, percussion, crushing, or excess heat from any source whether open flame or not. Static electricity and many other abuses may cause primers to explode". Some say the Journey is more self rewarding than the destination. I wish to thank all for their input, facts and opinions as it kept me digging.