Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Starting another addictive habit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Starting another addictive habit

Well I get off the boat tuesday and the latest additions to my arsenal are A Lee Classic turret press and the accessories to start my reloading habbit with .223 rem For the last two weeks Ive been working on reading ABC's of reloading and purchased the Lee 2nd addition reloading manual So Im anxious to get home and start setting up my reloading room and workstation

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Congrats. Nice setup I've been contemplating buying it for a while. I do have the reloading manual. Good book.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Congrats. Nice setup I've been contemplating buying it for a while. I do have the reloading manual. Good book.
I recommend the kit from Kempfs their kit does not come with scale or manual like other classic turret kits Ive seen but it comes with a set of dies of your choice the autodisk powder measure riser and the rifle kit comes with the rifle charging die which I felt was an excellent trade off. Also ordered mine on Saturday and it was at the house on Tuesday

https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.f lypage&product_id=630&category_id=26&manufacturer_ id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41&vmcchk=1&Item id=41

Old 05-05-2012, 03:53 AM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

That's the setup I'm looking at getting myself. Gotta wait now though, dogs went to the vet so they took all the money up

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #5

Congratulations! Welcome to the club And to Silver, I feel your pain!

Travis'n'Texas

Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Yeppers, you have found an addictive habit for sure. You can spend as much time and money as you have available doing this. It never ends.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #7

You're going to love that Classic Turret!

I picked one up for Christmas last year and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I've had a Lee Challenger (single stage) press since 1988 and Pro1000 since the same year. I'm not overly-crazy about the Pro1000 but at the time, I was a poor and starving young LE type who was shooting an awful lot of IPSC and that Pro1000 did the job.

Started reloading forty years ago with my dad and on my own for just over thirty years now. Been through some green and blue equipment, but that Classic Cast and Classic Turret from Lee are about as solid and good as they get. I'm going to add the Classic Cast to the bench this summer and relegate the Challenger to de-priming, sizing my tumble-lube bullets (I also cast my own bullets) and other case-prep duties.

Older I get, the less of a hurry I find myself in, so that Classic Turret and the single-stage presses do just fine for me.

JD

Old 05-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #8

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staestc View Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the club And to Silver, I feel your pain!
The wife spent 500 bucks at the vet on the two dogs and one has to go back today for another 100 bucks worth of test. That's a press and then some! I hate vets!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.