Small dents in brass from re-manufact. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Small dents in brass from re-manufact.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
"Just a bad day at the range, we've all had them. "

I haven't. Been reloading since '65, doubt I've fired more than a few hundred factory rounds, total, in that time and no re-manufactored stuff at all. That's a lot of handloaded rounds and I've had maybe ten failures to fire due to defective primers but never a squib or over charge. What I'm suggesting is you hand load yourself and then you will KNOW what you're shootin'.

Even so, both of your cartridges are safe so far as the dents go, they will blow out easily. It appears they are stepped on 'pick-ups' from a gravel range.

These were from Freedom Munitions and He's trying to make it right, taking the ammo back, pulling the lot number so no one else gets any and refunding my money, if it doesn't go through properly, I'll go mad man internet campaign on all the review sites but I don't think that will be necessary, the dude seems honest and has been caring about the situation and honoring his "Satisfaction Guaranteed" Slogan thus far. but I've been kicking around the idea of loading for myself but I'm not even really sure where to start but like anything else, I guess buying a book on the subject would be a good place.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.