Sizing cases for individual rifle headspace - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Sizing cases for individual rifle headspace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 01:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Sorry, Innovative, I didn't mean to sound sarcastic. I will go through the articles as I have time and see what I can find. Thank you and again i apologize.
One of the things i discovered yesterday is that the accuracy of my rifle fell off drastically with the loads I had worked up. The main variables were the bullet I switched from 168 gr. Nosler Ballistic tips to 165 Nosler Accubond as well as a few rounds of 165 Sierra Gamekings and used once fired Federal cases.
I don't believe my M1As like Federal cases. I have ordered a substantial supply of new IVI military cases. The most accurate rounds yet for these rifles have been in military cases (WCC, LC and IVI). By accurate, I refer to 1/2 MOA groups at 100 yards. I hope to achieve the same with Accubonds or Gamekings because I will need a good super accurate hunting load for an M1A elk this fall.