Shotgun Reloading
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Shotgun Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shotgun Reloading

Hello All, Just curious if anyone knows where to get lead shot at a decent price. I enjoy reloading, and right now with everything its not cost effective to reload shotguns. I dont hunt much, just like shooting blue rock with friends.
Or even if anyone knows about making their own shot. I've researched it on the internet a bit, and have seen shot makers by littleton and others. I would like making my own shot, but havent seen many reviews or anyones opinions on making your own shot.

Last edited by kcebdivad; 09-10-2008 at 02:53 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2008, 02:45 AM   #2
jeb

Don't know what you consider "decent" as far as price goes. Sportsman's Warehouse has 42.99 per 25lb. Lead is expensive. Takes a bit to fuel diesel trucks nowdays as you know. All kinds of other stuff out there surrounding the cost of raw materials. This is the world we live in. 28 and 410 loaders have it good, I would suppose. 12 and 20? Not so much from an economic standpoint.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:01 AM   #3

I understand the price of fuel and all that. $43.00 is a good price for shot, I have a place I can get it for that price. I can get lead for free. Just need to melt it down from tire weights, which doesnt take much. I understand that will be softer than shot you buy from what I have read. I guess what I am after is if anyone makes their own shot, and if it is more trouble than it is worth.