Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > SHORTAGES: Offical Responces from Ammo Manufactures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #31
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1151 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36 View Post
Non-existent price gouging? What are you talking about? There IS price gouging going on. The LGS is marking up what ever they get by 80%. Why? Because they can, and they know it. That's gouging. Their cost has not increased. CCI isn't charging them $20 for a single 100 round box. The store's cost is relatively flat. The stores, local and online, are increasing the cost nearly double (sometimes more) on purpose simply to make more to help cover their lost profits from not being able to sell more at a lesser cost because they can't get more. The consumer has 2 choices. Get reamed with no lube or go without. If the manufacturers were charging more because they couldn't get bullet making ingredients then fine, that's not gouging, but I've yet to see one article saying that was the case, thus, the stores are the only ones marking it up and that friends, is gouging. And need I remind you that every response from a manufacturer has stated round-the-clock production and increased efficiency and expansions to the production lines and investment in equipment and machines. That investment means production cost should be driven down as the plant's efficiency is maximized. So, again, if the plant can produce more than before for less than before then the product on the shelf should not cost triple. That's gouging.
The manufacturer's prices can/do go up depending on the cost of raw materials to produce ammo,but the wholesaler's that each dealer buy's from always hop on the gouging bandwagon anytime they can do it.Then the dealers follow suit,raising their prices to make a profit.
Yes,there are a lot of people getting ripped off at the moment,but as long as the public is scrounging around buying up every last box of ammo,this practice will continue.
It's all about supply and demand.

I'm glad I load all of my ammo,and don't have to worry about not being able to shoot when I want,and as much as I want.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #32

Liked 239 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Call me an optimist but I expect the shortage to end before the end of the year . I assume that foreign makers in Russia and other places will ramp up production and shipments will make it here soon .
I wonder why China doen't produce the components and have final assembly done in Taiwan or Vietnam ; that way the ban on Chinese ammo enacted by George " I'm The NRA " Herbert Walker Bush could be sidestepped !

Short of Ammo ? Thank a Democrat .

Old 03-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #33

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Even shorter response from TULAMMO

Quote:
Mr. Padilla,

There has been a huge increase in demand over the past few months. It's hard to say how long it will last!

Regards,

A. W.
TULAMMO USA, INC.
www.tulammousa.com
(888) 317-5810
Like Rentacop, I am also an optimist. I am hoping that entrepreneurs see this as an opportunity to start-up! Nothing wrong with having more supply to drive some prices down later.

- Gloves
"When the situation gets too hot, put Gloves on"
or
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 AM   #34

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

My LGS has plenty of ammo. And selling it at reg price. But he is limiting purchases 2 boxes. One to shoot on range and one to take home. That is how you stop the crazies from hoarding. That is smart he makes monies on range fee and let's you take one home. I shoot twice a week.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #35

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The LGS has received two large ammo shipments this week. Remington .22 Long rifle and .223 and .308 Federal. They have more due in in this week. They are selling at regular mark ups.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I personally have no problems with the mark up. A individual has the supply there is a overwhelming demand, thus he has an opportunity to make some money. it's called capitalism. If you don't like the fact that your local gun shop is marking up the prices then here's an idea. Get your FFL, create a business invest the 1000's of dollars to get your shop started. Put your neck out on the line, in the hopes to get a return on your investment. And then you can sell the ammo that everyone wants for the price you buy it from the supplier. Your not going to do that so here's another thought. How bad to you want it. If you want it bad enough you will buy it whether its 10$ or 10000$.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5462 Times on 3097 Posts
Likes Given: 4740

Quote:
Originally Posted by droes View Post
I personally have no problems with the mark up. A individual has the supply there is a overwhelming demand, thus he has an opportunity to make some money. it's called capitalism. If you don't like the fact that your local gun shop is marking up the prices then here's an idea. Get your FFL, create a business invest the 1000's of dollars to get your shop started. Put your neck out on the line, in the hopes to get a return on your investment. And then you can sell the ammo that everyone wants for the price you buy it from the supplier. Your not going to do that so here's another thought. How bad to you want it. If you want it bad enough you will buy it whether its 10$ or 10000$.
Unfortunately, the schools no longer teach capitalism or economics.

Golda Meier.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #38

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

Unfortunately, the schools no longer teach capitalism or economics.
It's called the dumbing down of America and it's a very real strategy being placed against ya for quite some time. Educate your children because the school IP la won't.