SHORTAGES: Offical Responces from Ammo Manufactures - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > SHORTAGES: Offical Responces from Ammo Manufactures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Just sick of people complaining about non-existent price gouging.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 03-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #12

Liked 328 Times on 182 Posts

Non-existent price gouging? What are you talking about? There IS price gouging going on. The LGS is marking up what ever they get by 80%. Why? Because they can, and they know it. That's gouging. Their cost has not increased. CCI isn't charging them $20 for a single 100 round box. The store's cost is relatively flat. The stores, local and online, are increasing the cost nearly double (sometimes more) on purpose simply to make more to help cover their lost profits from not being able to sell more at a lesser cost because they can't get more. The consumer has 2 choices. Get reamed with no lube or go without. If the manufacturers were charging more because they couldn't get bullet making ingredients then fine, that's not gouging, but I've yet to see one article saying that was the case, thus, the stores are the only ones marking it up and that friends, is gouging. And need I remind you that every response from a manufacturer has stated round-the-clock production and increased efficiency and expansions to the production lines and investment in equipment and machines. That investment means production cost should be driven down as the plant's efficiency is maximized. So, again, if the plant can produce more than before for less than before then the product on the shelf should not cost triple. That's gouging.

Last edited by indy36; 03-26-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan
Just sick of people complaining about non-existent price gouging.
What you wrote makes no sense at all. How is people buying and reselling ammo at 3x the cost a GOOD thing?

So you are ok with it costing someone $60 to shoot 50 rounds.

Non-existent price gouging? Are you kidding me.

There is more ammunition being auctioned for insane prices.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i just got 500 rounds of 357 sig for $150. Seems like you just have to look around. try armslist.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 956 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Regardless of impetus, this ammo situation should be a wake up call...

I don't go to the range like I used to since the shortage, hoarding, gouging, gov. purchase...our society has far more potential shortage scenarios always just over the horizon.

Pork, paper products, propane, fuel, wood building materials, and generators (to name a few) have all survived minor disruptions caused by the above...
No, this is different. Market hasn't or can't correct. Suppliers have been reluctant or prevented from accommodating demand. "Event" leads to production delay, delay leads to shortage, shortage causes hoarding, market corrects event. Not in this case.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

CA357 Likes This 
Old 03-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #16

Liked 328 Times on 182 Posts

This time there is an external force at work, our government. The laws of reason and predictability have gone out the window.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:56 AM   #17

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
I've seen it for quite sometime. Some wont see it until its too late.
Can you say sleeper cell commy? I think so.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #18

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta9988 View Post
What you wrote makes no sense at all. How is people buying and reselling ammo at 3x the cost a GOOD thing?

So you are ok with it costing someone $60 to shoot 50 rounds.

Non-existent price gouging? Are you kidding me.

There is more ammunition being auctioned for insane prices.
So you're telling me no one sold ammo on gun broker before the panic? Yeah, I'll believe that when pigs fly.

People don't bid on 3x priced items unless they can't get it elsewhere. And it's a pretty well established economic law that if someone is "gouging", someone else is undercutting them and the customers flock to that seller. So the fact that ammo is selling at the elevated prices pretty well disproves your theory.

Quote:
The LGS is marking up what ever they get by 80%. Why? Because they can, and they know it. That's gouging. Their cost has not increased. CCI isn't charging them $20 for a single 100 round box. The store's cost is relatively flat.
I'm not sure that's true, but lets say it is. Look at it from the store owners perspective. He's normally able to get ammo and sells it at a pretty regular rate, therefore making enough money off many boxes of ammo to cover his costs.

During the panic, he just simply cant get ammo, but still must make enough money off of each box to run his store. So now he has to make the same amount of money off of fewer boxes of ammo. The price is going to go up. Fact. Gouging does not exist. It's a made up term coined by angry consumers who take the efforts of running a business for granted.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Last edited by tCan; 03-26-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I paid $39. each for two 50rd. boxes of American Eagle 230gr. FMJ three days ago. They had two boxes of PMC 230gr. FMJ left for $26. and I bought those too.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #20

I never thought I would see the day when a fifty count box of 9mm is going as high as a box of 45acp . At a gun show Saturday 29 to 30 dollars a box for either,,,, I refuse to pay it !!!! I think this is all going to break loose by mid may... As for the guns who knows the idiot Bloomberg is on the high horse again and now spending his own money to achieve gun control,,, well you know what they say a fool and his money are soon parted.....