Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Shame on you Remington UMC .223 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/shame-you-remington-umc-223-a-48575/)

sgttessnc 09-21-2011 07:14 PM

Shame on you Remington UMC .223

3 Attachment(s)
I have been using remington UMC .223 for range work with my AR and came across this problem

I will walk you through the chain of events:

pull trigger, hear pop, BCG doesn't cycle... try to pull charging handle, cannot.

RSO comes over says round has misfired. checks action, tries to pull back charging handle to eject round will not pull back... he tries to seat the bolt ejector on the round by hitting the forward assist with a HAMMER! ejector seats so now he is pulling the charging handle back with everything he as has and the rim of of the case shears off...

at least now the BCG is free and the upper/lower can be separated. BCG is removed from the upper and a cleaning rod is pushed down the muzzle to push the round out of the chamber and this is what comes out.

NO FLASH HOLE IN THE CASE!

has anyone ever heard of this?

I haven't, so I emailed remington about the situation in May.

I have still not received a response....

SHAME ON YOU REMINGTON

any suggestions on how to have remington respond? or just give them the stink eye and never buy any of their products... so far I have gone with option #2.

thanks for reading

CA357 09-21-2011 07:30 PM

Thankfully your rifle is okay. I won't use UMC ammunition. I don't think it's all that accurate and I have never trusted its quality.

neilage66 09-21-2011 11:55 PM

Hoping for a response from a giant conglomerate is sometimes futile unfortunately.

What exactly is it you expect them to do for you?

You are ok - your rifle is ok - you are out some time and trouble + 1 round of ammo?

I assume you have tried all the various customer service help lines?

Quote:

Ammunition & Components Plant
2592 Arkansas Hwy 15 N
Lonoke, AR 72086
TEL: 1-501-676-3161
Directions & Map
Company Information - Our Company - Remington Company Information

sgttessnc 09-22-2011 12:10 AM

not for a butt kissing, but at least a "our bad" and a coupon to try to retain a customer. I dream of opening the door and finding a pallet of 5.56 various loads, but would settle with a thank you for your patronage, we will review the lot and see if there is something we could do to improve our quality assurance.

that is the least I would think a company could reply with.

didnt even get that crappy form letter

still shame on you remington

sgttessnc 09-22-2011 12:12 AM

my upper is at Daniel defense for warranty work now, hope its not due to this... but they did say they are replacing my barrel. failure to feed properly (problem with the feed ramp and barrel extension)

boo

neilage66 09-22-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

NO FLASH HOLE IN THE CASE!

has anyone ever heard of this?

I haven't, so I emailed remington about the situation in May.

I have still not received a response....
I think persistence as well as talking to someone in person will get you farther along to a satisfactory resolution. There are many things that could go wrong with 1 email.

canebrake 09-22-2011 12:42 AM

I sent off this email.

info@remington.com <info@remington.com>

Remington UMC .223 with no flash hole?

My name is cane brake (on the forum) and I am a moderator on www.firearmstalk.com forum.

I just read a post by one of our 30,000+ members that had a mis-fire with your UMC .223 ammo.

Shame on you Remington UMC .223

His complaint is that when he contacted you he has yet to receive a reply.

I am writing you to see if you can assist sgttessnc (forum screen name) with his inquiry?

I invite you to respond with Remington's answer to sgttessnc questions in the above forum post.

I look forward to your reply.

Should you want to talk to me you can reply to this email or call me at 954-555-1234

cane brake
Coral Springs, Florida

Let's see if Remington responds.

cane

sgttessnc 09-22-2011 12:48 AM

thank you for the intro and mediation into this matter. I appreciate the assistance, it wasn't what I was expecting, but it isn't without sincere gratitude. thank you canebreak.

canebrake 09-22-2011 01:36 AM

It's what we do. ;)

sgttessnc 07-20-2012 04:21 AM

No response still holding my breath. Shame on you Remington