Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Score! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/score-95452/)

JW357 08-15-2013 03:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very successful trip to Wal-Mart. Shelves were packed. There was a mountain of 9mm, a bunch of .45 ACP, some .40 S&W, some .380 ACP, plenty of rifle and shotgun ammo. Still three box limit per customer. Good thing my wife and I are two customers. Didn't see any .22 LR. This was at around 6pm. Amazing.

I also just learned we have a Big 5 locally. I had no idea. So we went over there after Wally World. That's where we got the Remington.

Awesome prices, all around.

As Phil would say, I'm happy happy happy!

Attachment 114082

Hectocotylus 08-15-2013 04:00 AM

Not. Fair. At all.

JW357 08-15-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hectocotylus
Not. Fair. At all.

Sorry bud. But this was the first time I've seen ammo (specifically handgun ammo) one shelves in months. I did stop looking, though. Got pretty discouraged.

Mouser 08-15-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1335830)
Sorry bud. But this was the first time I've seen ammo (specifically handgun ammo) one shelves in months. I did stop looking, though. Got pretty discouraged.

I was at a Wal Mart here buying my fishing license and there were two boxes of .40 SW and about 10 boxes of 45ACP on the shelf...this is the first handgun ammo in any Wal-Mart I have seen since this debacle started.

Hopefully we will have a lengthy period of calm and stability so things can return to normal. The woman at the counter said they don't put the ammo out till 7am and normally there is a line of people buying it up right away...I had heard stories like that, but I was always at work at 7am so I never saw with my own eyes what was transpiring. I will never forget though, the brick of rem 22 lr at a gun show with a $80 price tag :eek:

I am patient, I will wait a bit more...I still have reserves and when the time is right, I will invest in handloading equipment too:)

JW357 08-15-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouser

I was at a Wal Mart here buying my fishing license and there were two boxes of .40 SW and about 10 boxes of 45ACP on the shelf...this is the first handgun ammo in any Wal-Mart I have seen since this debacle started.

Hopefully we will have a lengthy period of calm and stability so things can return to normal. The woman at the counter said they don't put the ammo out till 7am and normally there is a line of people buying it up right away...I had heard stories like that, but I was always at work at 7am so I never saw with my own eyes what was transpiring. I will never forget though, the brick of rem 22 lr at a gun show with a $80 price tag :eek:

I am patient, I will wait a bit more...I still have reserves and when the time is right, I will invest in handloading equipment too:)

Yeah while I was waiting at the cabinet for an employee to unlock it, there was one other guy waiting as well. I was chatting with him. He knew the resupply days and times for everyone who sells ammo here locally. Definitely seems to be one of those guys whose there at those times too. Not a bad thing. If I wasn't at work I might do the same thing. But he also seemed surprised there was so much ammo when we were standing there. He said at 7am that morning there was a line of guys and the shelves were bare immediately. But this was around 6pm and the shelves were full. So I'm thinkin Walmart didn't put out all their ammo, and waited till later in the day. Which is a good thing for the rest of us.

Hectocotylus 08-25-2013 02:48 AM

Cabelas had 9 and some .22 today! 13.99 for 9mm and 18 bucks for 325 .22 lr. First 22 since December. Hurray!

Mouser 08-28-2013 02:25 PM

Just picked up a 250 round box of 9mm Rem UMC at the local Wal Mart. A good sign...still no .22 ammo but I had already addressed that with a store that was placing purchase limits to ensure more customers had access to some ammo.

I had found .40 and .45 ammo at this Wal Mart last week, but this is the first 9mm.

I will be investing in hand loading equipment within the next calendar year for sure

JW357 08-28-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouser
Just picked up a 250 round box of 9mm Rem UMC at the local Wal Mart. A good sign...still no .22 ammo but I had already addressed that with a store that was placing purchase limits to ensure more customers had access to some ammo.

I had found .40 and .45 ammo at this Wal Mart last week, but this is the first 9mm.

I will be investing in hand loading equipment within the next calendar year for sure

That handloading equipment will serve you well. And likely turn into another hobby.

Jagermeister 08-28-2013 03:31 PM

I live in a socialist state and I can buy all the ammo I want. You know something is wrong when this is possible.

grandpubba 08-28-2013 03:56 PM

Ah, im not saying the ammo shortage is over by any means but at the local big box retailer they have recently(last 2 months) had full shelves except .22(don't own one but buy for the father in law)

I've been picking up their bulk ammo weekly now in .45s, 9mm,.40 and 38/357.

Walmart is the only place I walk into that has empty shelves.

Yeah I pay just a little more at the big store between Walmart at the others it's 2 dollars, I'll gladly pay that to replenish what I shot and to save up a little more, just encase.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.