Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   for sale 3006 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/sale-3006-a-27552/)

joshfireart 05-25-2010 07:46 PM

for sale 3006

1 Attachment(s)
i found this brass at a place where people stop st shoot on the week ends theres a rockin a dugway at 200 yrd at a prettygood incline "or at least enough" it started life as a 7mm 08 and aprears to have been shot in a 3006 i wonder it he even new the differanceAttachment 14865

Dcomf 05-25-2010 07:54 PM

Ummm, what? Are you saying he shot a 7-08 from an '06 chambered rifle?

jpattersonnh 05-25-2010 08:09 PM

I saw I guy do the same w/ .308 in a 30.06. Some folks figure if it fits......

There was a guy at a local shop that bought 7x57 for his 7mm Rem Mag.
Just give me some 7mm..
What caliber??...
7mm.....
7x57???
Ya, Ya thats it.

2 hours later, he was back.
Sorry, No returns on ammo.

He was luck that the mag would not hold the cartridges, so he did not attempt to fire his rifle

joshfireart 05-25-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcomf (Post 290285)
Ummm, what? Are you saying he shot a 7-08 from an '06 chambered rifle?

thats what im saying

cpttango30 05-25-2010 11:53 PM

weekends is one word.

prettygood is two words pretty good.

You should look at getting Google Chrome the browser. It will do a spell check on what ever you type. If it is misspelled it will put a nifty red line under it.

Back on topic

Is this someone you know if so I would never ever shoot with him.

joshfireart 05-26-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 290362)
weekends is one word.

prettygood is two words pretty good.

You should look at getting Google Chrome the browser. It will do a spell check on what ever you type. If it is misspelled it will put a nifty red line under it.

Back on topic

Is this someone you know if so I would never ever shoot with him.

i thought this was gun site not a spelling bee if this is being grade ill take my f now i shoot better then i write..... i have no idea who shot this and hope i never do

cpttango30 05-26-2010 01:47 AM

Just trying to help you out some someone can understand what you're trying to say.

Oh and it is firearms Talk BTW...... :D

spittinfire 05-26-2010 01:52 AM

Please tell me someone didn't actually try to shoot a 7mm out of a 30 caliber rifle.....please.

joshfireart 05-26-2010 02:02 AM

[QUOTE=spittinfire;290420]Please tell me someone didn't actually try to shoot a 7mm out of a 30 caliber rifle.....please.[/QUOTE
i wish could

robocop10mm 05-26-2010 01:23 PM

People make that mistake regularly. To the untrained eye it is a pretty easy mistake to make. Fortunately in this case (7-08 in 30-06) the bullet is so much smaller than the bore most of the pressure is released beside the bullet and does not cause problems (other than the obviouos case deformation). If a .308 is fired in a 30-06 it could be a different result because a higher percentage of the gasses are contained behind the bullet and an excessive headspace problem can cause the case to slam into the bolt face and damage the bolt and or extractor.

As for the grammar police issue. This is a multi-faceted issue.

Trolls from the anti gun crowd sift through this and other gun related sites looking for evidence we "gun owners" are uneducated knuckle dragging cretins. We would prefer to not give them any more ammunition (pun intended) for attacks on the 2nd Amendment.
Many of us are "older" and detest the dumming down of our society. The English language is sacred to us. To hear the language bastardized by the "younger generation" is repulsive. To see it butchered up on the page (or screen) is equally repulsive. I tend to choose my words carefully to insure my point is clear. I am careful to type clearly and properly to maintain a degree of dignity. I type all day long on Police reports and court documents. These items will eventually be picked apart by bottom feeding defense attorneys that are looking for any chink in the armor of a criminal case. If they cannot attack the facts they attack the intelligence of the author. They make their money by creating "reasonable doubt". If they can convince a juror (it only takes one) that one of the people involved in a case is a little bit stupid, they can win.

Caps are your friend. They help to insure the reader knows when a new sentence is beginning or that a word is a title or name (Detective vs detective, Colt vs colt, Mr. vs mr.)