Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   S&W .500 ammo (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/s-w-500-ammo-73652/)

broke-again124 10-03-2012 06:39 PM

S&W .500 ammo
 
You fellas have any suggestions on some good bear defense ammo for this 4" beast?? I was thinking corbon but I'm not sure.

orangello 10-03-2012 07:34 PM

I do not know, but bless you for asking and good luck in reducing the numbers of the bear menace.

robocop10mm 10-04-2012 01:39 AM

Any good hard cast, soft point or even plated bullet of reasonable weight should be sufficient. Avoid hollow points as expanion is not the goal, penetration is. The bullet is already as big or bigger than an expanded .30 caliber rifle bullet. You want to punch through tough muscle, bone and hide to get to the vitals.

Babyfacenelson 10-04-2012 02:36 AM

Yup any heavy FMJ round would probably serve you best.

And don't listen to 'gellos bear hate, he had an unfortunate experience with a teddy bear when we was 12. He still cant shake the memories.


Enjoy the gun man, something i want to, but am actually scared to shoot. What a monster round.

broke-again124 10-04-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babyfacenelson
Yup any heavy FMJ round would probably serve you best.

And don't listen to 'gellos bear hate, he had an unfortunate experience with a teddy bear when we was 12. He still cant shake the memories.

Enjoy the gun man, something i want to, but am actually scared to shoot. What a monster round.

It is a lot bigger than it looks in pictures. I like it though. Just ordered some hard cast 500 gr rounds from cor-bon. So I think that ought to do.

orangello 10-04-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124 (Post 963911)
It is a lot bigger than it looks in pictures. I like it though. Just ordered some hard cast 500 gr rounds from cor-bon. So I think that ought to do.

Post up some pics in the Hunting section when you get one errrr successfully defend yourself against the aggressor bear.
:D

broke-again124 10-04-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello

Post up some pics in the Hunting section when you get one errrr successfully defend yourself against the aggressor bear.
:D

Will do. Lol.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.