Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > RWS Ammo at Walmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default RWS Ammo at Walmart

I went to Walmart today here in Austell GA and I actually saw RWS branded ammo in 9mm. It was 50rds for $16.97 - quite expensive. Any reviews on this ammo? Is it supposedly to be high grade ammo?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #2

I saw the same ammo for the very first time at my wally world in N Texas. FMJ for 13.97. I dont know the ammo, but its the only box on the shelf that wasnt Win., Rem., or Fed. .

Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

It showed up in a local walmart a week or so ago. I don't have a 9mm anymore but if I did I wouldn't be paying $17 a box when I can get federal for $9. It's 124gr but who cares for plinking.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

RWS is a German outfit and it looks like pretty high end ammunition. They manufacture it in limited calibers. Fiocchi is distributing it in the States.

Link: RWS - RWS Munition - Die Marke RWS

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #5

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My local Walmart is carrying the RUAG 9mm which is Swiss made it come in Orange and black boxes 50 rds. for about $17 it's also magnetic.

Last edited by res45; 03-09-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Never seen it other than match .22.
Alot of guts around here like RWS-50 for indoor .22 benchrest.
It is a bit pricey, but not as much as eley tenex, or lapua midas.
Tried it, my .22's dont like it

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 06-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #7

Default RWS 9mm is Good Stuff

At my local Walmart I'm able to purchase RWS 9mm for $12.97 a box. Just this past week I did some rather extensive ammunition testing in my Beretta 92 FS and my CZ 75 B. I tested Fiocchi, Remington, Winchester (WB), and RWS.

Neither gun likes Remington. It's not particularly accurate and I had a feed failure in the CZ -- something I don't expect in this gun.

Both pistols like Fiocchi. If I could buy it locally and at a good price, I'd buy it again. But I can't get it locally.

The CZ likes the WWB best, with the RWS running a close second. The Beretta loves the RWS and gave me the best comparative groups of the two days of testing.

The WWB is a 115 gr bullet. The RWS is 124 gr at about the same velocity as the WWB 115 gr. At less than 1 cent a cartridge more for the RWS, I'm going to standardize on this for 9 mm as long as I can get it.

All my life I've regarded RWS as premium ammunition. I assume RWS is in business to make a profit. We all know that Walmart is. How high-quality ammunition can be made in Switzerland, shipped to the USA, and sold profitably for $12.97 is beyond me.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am sure that with Wal-Marts buying power, most anything is possible. I'm an FFL, much of the stuff sold at Wal-Mart is either at or below my cost, in fact when I first started out in the gun business I sent customers who wanted stuff I didn't stock over to Wal-Mart.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #9

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

keep in mind- Walmart has demands that are met by their suppliers.

Buy a box of WWB at you FFL, and one at WM. The catalog/model # on the Walmart box starts with WM.

Suppliers typically have to cut corners to meet WM's buying prices. Therefore, WWB from WM is not the same WWB from Joe bobs beer and gun mart.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?