Review Iosso Brass Case Cleaner Kit

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Review Iosso Brass Case Cleaner Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Review Iosso Brass Case Cleaner Kit

Iosso Brass Case Cleaner Kit - MidwayUSA

My son ordered this kit and it arrived the day after I left for Phoenix and was waiting on me when I got home. Last night I used it for the first time on 60 cases of .303 Brit. That was moderately tarnished and dirty.

First I removed the primers, as is recommend, which I just resized them to do so. They had a light coat of lube to add to the stuff this product should remove. Placing the 60 cases in the small bag that is provided with the kit, I dunked then in the solution. The 1-quart of solution that comes with this kit just covered the 60 cases of .303.

I checked the cases about every 30 seconds to see the level of cleanliness and swirled the solution around a little. After about 2 minutes I took them out and rinsed in hot water as is recommended. Just plug the sink run hot water in it agitate the cases with your hands a little, then drain the water and do again. It took about 5 times to get all the solution out of the cases then let the cases dry real good before actually reloading.

The cases were very clean outside and inside as was the primer pocket, As far as I am concerned this is a good product and will be using it a lot more. For the rough tarnished and real dirty cases they say to just let them soak for a little longer.
opaww

Last edited by opaww; 07-17-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Do you recycle the solution or just toss it?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #3

It is reuseable for 1000's of rounds, but we shall see how long it lasts.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Okay, please keep us informed how it performs over time.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #5

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

WHAT no links. You get a facepalm for that.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #6

I will let you use my glasses...cause there is a link there

Old 07-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #7

I put the second batch of brass in the cleaner yesterday, 200 pieces of .40 S&W. The cases ranged from heavy tarnish to light on the outside, the inside was heavy to light powder residue, as was the primer pocket.

After about 3 minutes the outside of the cases looked real good with only a few needing a little more time soaking. The insides needed more time soaking in the majority of them. The primer pockets showed little to none in cleaning so I soaked them for about an hour

Checking them the out side looked real good and most of the insides looked good too, at this point the primer pockets were iffy. I let them soak over night and I had some really clean outsides and the majority of the insides were looking good, but the primer pockets still lacked much if any cleaning.

The Iosso liquid started clouding up after the one hour mark but was still usable.

At this time I have to give this product about a C+ mostly sense it did not clean the primer pockets very well at all.

opaww