Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Review Iosso Brass Case Cleaner Kit (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/review-iosso-brass-case-cleaner-kit-45300/)

opaww 07-16-2011 02:02 PM

Review Iosso Brass Case Cleaner Kit

Iosso Brass Case Cleaner Kit - MidwayUSA

My son ordered this kit and it arrived the day after I left for Phoenix and was waiting on me when I got home. Last night I used it for the first time on 60 cases of .303 Brit. That was moderately tarnished and dirty.

First I removed the primers, as is recommend, which I just resized them to do so. They had a light coat of lube to add to the stuff this product should remove. Placing the 60 cases in the small bag that is provided with the kit, I dunked then in the solution. The 1-quart of solution that comes with this kit just covered the 60 cases of .303.

I checked the cases about every 30 seconds to see the level of cleanliness and swirled the solution around a little. After about 2 minutes I took them out and rinsed in hot water as is recommended. Just plug the sink run hot water in it agitate the cases with your hands a little, then drain the water and do again. It took about 5 times to get all the solution out of the cases then let the cases dry real good before actually reloading.

The cases were very clean outside and inside as was the primer pocket, As far as I am concerned this is a good product and will be using it a lot more. For the rough tarnished and real dirty cases they say to just let them soak for a little longer.
opaww

CA357 07-16-2011 02:28 PM

Do you recycle the solution or just toss it?

opaww 07-16-2011 02:39 PM

It is reuseable for 1000's of rounds, but we shall see how long it lasts.

CA357 07-16-2011 03:05 PM

Okay, please keep us informed how it performs over time.

cpttango30 07-16-2011 10:19 PM

WHAT no links. You get a facepalm for that.

opaww 07-16-2011 10:23 PM

I will let you use my glasses...cause there is a link there

opaww 07-17-2011 08:30 PM

I put the second batch of brass in the cleaner yesterday, 200 pieces of .40 S&W. The cases ranged from heavy tarnish to light on the outside, the inside was heavy to light powder residue, as was the primer pocket.

After about 3 minutes the outside of the cases looked real good with only a few needing a little more time soaking. The insides needed more time soaking in the majority of them. The primer pockets showed little to none in cleaning so I soaked them for about an hour

Checking them the out side looked real good and most of the insides looked good too, at this point the primer pockets were iffy. I let them soak over night and I had some really clean outsides and the majority of the insides were looking good, but the primer pockets still lacked much if any cleaning.

The Iosso liquid started clouding up after the one hour mark but was still usable.

At this time I have to give this product about a C+ mostly sense it did not clean the primer pockets very well at all.

opaww