Remington's junk ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Remington's junk ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I'm sorry but one round can't make me call a companies ammo junk. Any more than haing one good shot make me say it kicks the llama's ass. Especially with ammo makers working double time trying to keep us and the feds in ammo.
But I would make sure they knew what was up.
Agreed. When you consider the vast quantities of ammo going through production, sh!t happens just like this. Don't mean a damn thing about their overall quality.
Call them up, tell them about it, give them the lot number. These companies rely on US, the CONSUMERS to help them put out a better product. Blowing them off and dogging their product as a whole, because of one bad round, just ain't fair.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #12

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Agreed. When you consider the vast quantities of ammo going through production, sh!t happens just like this. Don't mean a damn thing about their overall quality.
Call them up, tell them about it, give them the lot number. These companies rely on US, the CONSUMERS to help them put out a better product. Blowing them off and dogging their product as a whole, because of one bad round, just ain't fair.
Not to say they are a bad company, but the core lokt isn't their best line.

Last edited by robocop10mm; 08-03-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1742 Times on 763 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
And from what I have been seeing on this and other forums it is happening with the other manufacture's as well.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #14

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
Not to say they are a bad company but the core lokt isn't there best line.
Wouldn't know, I don't shoot remington or Corelokt. I only shoot handgun, which means for me, WWB, because it's the cheapest that's regularly on the shelf at my LGS (I'll get anything cheaper, my gun eats it all). I rarely even see remington handgun ammo in my area.

I don't hunt either. Nothing against it, and I want to, it's just that I had to sell my rifles to help see me through a divorce and job loss. I intend to rectify that situation as soon as possible, but it's looking like I'll be missing out on this year's season too.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

ive had issues with hangfires on remington centerfire in 30-06 in the past. inconsistant ignition seems recurring. i just dont use any remington ammo or components

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 08-04-2013, 03:14 AM   #16

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
ive had issues with hangfires on remington centerfire in 30-06 in the past. inconsistant ignition seems recurring. i just dont use any remington ammo or components
I have also hang fires with their .22 ammo.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
I have also hang fires with their .22 ammo.
I didnt think anyone was using their 22 stuff

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #18

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Wouldn't know, I don't shoot remington or Corelokt. I only shoot handgun, which means for me, WWB, because it's the cheapest that's regularly on the shelf at my LGS (I'll get anything cheaper, my gun eats it all). I rarely even see remington handgun ammo in my area.

I don't hunt either. Nothing against it, and I want to, it's just that I had to sell my rifles to help see me through a divorce and job loss. I intend to rectify that situation as soon as possible, but it's looking like I'll be missing out on this year's season too.
Remington ammo is not that popular In my area either except for rifle ammo. I can't complain Though I can go into a academy about 5 days a week and get anything from .22 lr to 10mm it's all there.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #19

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

Beggars can't be choosers

Old 08-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i use a lot of the Remington bulk pack 22lr ammo. it seems to work fine in both of my 22's. the one i have had some problems with is the Winchester bulk pack 22lr ammo. lots of misfires.