Remington Golden Saber
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Remington Golden Saber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default Remington Golden Saber

I went to Bass Pro the other day to get some good defense loads so I picked up a box of Sabers. I seemed to have issues loading it so I looked at the rounds & noticed the bullets were not completely seated. Be sure to check next time you but those, it'll save you a lot of money & trouble.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

How did you determine the bullets were not seated correctly? Are you talking about a revolver and the crimp was not in the cannelure?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #3

9mm g sabers look to be seated out VERY far. I've shot a lot of them.

So far I haven't had any problem chambering the ones I buy from cabelas. Have you shot ones from other stores?

Old 12-01-2010, 05:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
How did you determine the bullets were not seated correctly? Are you talking about a revolver and the crimp was not in the cannelure?
I was loading a magazine for a Ruger P345. It was a smooth cannelure, I could see the edge on the projectile & each round in the box was lacking about 3 millimeters from the correct seat. The stuff wouldn't even cycle so I made a comparison with my sxt's & noticed a huge difference between the two.

Last edited by Scratchammo; 12-01-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2302 View Post
9mm g sabers look to be seated out VERY far. I've shot a lot of them.

So far I haven't had any problem chambering the ones I buy from cabelas. Have you shot ones from other stores?
Can't say I have as of yet, I'm about to buy bulk from Cabelas eventually.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5692 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

really heavy 9mm bullets tend to be seated really long and can have issues contacting the lands in some guns that have shorter throats. compairing one bullet to a different one is not a valid test. not all bullets seat the same even weight for weight. bullet construction and bullet oal and ogive profile have a lot to do with where it seats depth wise in the case and how far into the throat the ogive goes. most gunmakers chamber their barrels to function with 115grn fmj. anything with a larger oal may have issues in certain guns

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-01-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:19 AM   #7

Default .22 LR Ammo

I have been reading about the opinion everyone has regarding Remington .22 ammo. I too am now a believer! I went to the range this weekend and took a box of Remington ammo that I had bought on a whim just to try it out. My very first shot was a misfire. Four out of the next twenty were also misfires. I switched to Federal and had no problems. Can anyone comment on this finding? I'd like to know if anyone else has had such poor results as I have.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:20 AM   #8

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy22 View Post
I have been reading about the opinion everyone has regarding Remington .22 ammo. I too am now a believer! I went to the range this weekend and took a box of Remington ammo that I had bought on a whim just to try it out. My very first shot was a misfire. Four out of the next twenty were also misfires. I switched to Federal and had no problems. Can anyone comment on this finding? I'd like to know if anyone else has had such poor results as I have.

You do realize this has no relevance to the subject at hand, and you could have started your own thread?

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?