Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Remington Golden Saber (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/remington-golden-saber-35001/)

Scratchammo 11-30-2010 06:00 AM

Remington Golden Saber

I went to Bass Pro the other day to get some good defense loads so I picked up a box of Sabers. I seemed to have issues loading it so I looked at the rounds & noticed the bullets were not completely seated. Be sure to check next time you but those, it'll save you a lot of money & trouble.

spittinfire 11-30-2010 11:23 AM

How did you determine the bullets were not seated correctly? Are you talking about a revolver and the crimp was not in the cannelure?

Logan2302 11-30-2010 07:03 PM

9mm g sabers look to be seated out VERY far. I've shot a lot of them.

So far I haven't had any problem chambering the ones I buy from cabelas. Have you shot ones from other stores?

Scratchammo 12-01-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 394499)
How did you determine the bullets were not seated correctly? Are you talking about a revolver and the crimp was not in the cannelure?

I was loading a magazine for a Ruger P345. It was a smooth cannelure, I could see the edge on the projectile & each round in the box was lacking about 3 millimeters from the correct seat. The stuff wouldn't even cycle so I made a comparison with my sxt's & noticed a huge difference between the two.

Scratchammo 12-01-2010 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan2302 (Post 394700)
9mm g sabers look to be seated out VERY far. I've shot a lot of them.

So far I haven't had any problem chambering the ones I buy from cabelas. Have you shot ones from other stores?

Can't say I have as of yet, I'm about to buy bulk from Cabelas eventually.

JonM 12-01-2010 02:28 PM

really heavy 9mm bullets tend to be seated really long and can have issues contacting the lands in some guns that have shorter throats. compairing one bullet to a different one is not a valid test. not all bullets seat the same even weight for weight. bullet construction and bullet oal and ogive profile have a lot to do with where it seats depth wise in the case and how far into the throat the ogive goes. most gunmakers chamber their barrels to function with 115grn fmj. anything with a larger oal may have issues in certain guns

newguy22 01-18-2011 03:19 AM

.22 LR Ammo

I have been reading about the opinion everyone has regarding Remington .22 ammo. I too am now a believer! I went to the range this weekend and took a box of Remington ammo that I had bought on a whim just to try it out. My very first shot was a misfire. Four out of the next twenty were also misfires. I switched to Federal and had no problems. Can anyone comment on this finding? I'd like to know if anyone else has had such poor results as I have.

:confused:

willfully armed 01-18-2011 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newguy22 (Post 424269)
I have been reading about the opinion everyone has regarding Remington .22 ammo. I too am now a believer! I went to the range this weekend and took a box of Remington ammo that I had bought on a whim just to try it out. My very first shot was a misfire. Four out of the next twenty were also misfires. I switched to Federal and had no problems. Can anyone comment on this finding? I'd like to know if anyone else has had such poor results as I have.

:confused:

You do realize this has no relevance to the subject at hand, and you could have started your own thread?