Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading Win Supreme

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Reloading Win Supreme

I've been away from reloading for sometime now, just getting back so I get to ask dumb questions. Winchester Supreme Balistic Silvertip (da silver bullets) can the brass be reused in a reload? 25-06 cal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Tank, are those cases nickel plated? I have reloaded nickel plated cases without a problem for .40 S&W. I have some Win Supreme brass in 7mm-08, although, I can't remember if I have ever reloaded any. I suggest that you measure the brass prior to sizing and then remeasure after sizing. This may give you some indication on how soft the brass is. I believe that Winchester uses only premium components and have always trusted that manufacture. H.J.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Yes even nickle plated brass ( :yuk: ) can be reloaded. You will not get as many reloads out of them because the nickle will start to flake off. but for a once time use deer rifle they will last for 4 or 5 years.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Tank, are those cases nickel plated? I have reloaded nickel plated cases without a problem for .40 S&W. I have some Win Supreme brass in 7mm-08, although, I can't remember if I have ever reloaded any. I suggest that you measure the brass prior to sizing and then remeasure after sizing. This may give you some indication on how soft the brass is. I believe that Winchester uses only premium components and have always trusted that manufacture. H.J.

Yes they are nickel plated. I spoke with some local reloaders and they said I should avoid them. So I ordered new brass and will move forward with them, thanks for taking the time to assist!!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Tank:

I also started re-loading after a long hiatus. I had accumulated 200 rounds of the Wincherster Ni plated Supreme brass from my .30-06. I stuck the case in the re-sizing die on my first attempt. This may have been due to the use of the new "spray on" case lube that I had used in lieu of the old thick lube that I used to use 15 years ago. In any case I shxt-canned the rest of the Ni plated cases, bought 200 new regular brass cases (Remington) and a stuck case removing tool from RCBS.

TXnorton