Reloading stand/barstool
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading stand/barstool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Reloading stand/barstool

I share my workshop between reloading/cleaning rifles/handguns, model airplanes and carpentry equipment; My old and sturdy desk was getting crowded with two Lee presses, reloading manuals and equipment so I started looking for help.
I looked at Frankfort Arsenal pedestal and at the Lee triangular stand, I did not like the price on both of them much less the hanging concrete block on the Lee for stability.
I found a very sturdy bar stool 29 in. high at Target for $20.00 and using some 3/4 In scrap ply and some 1X2's I built a base that would fit the stool legs and secured it to the legs with screws, I added some inexpensive casters from Harbor Freight, 2 straight and two swivel.
I built a 3/4 in. top, finished size was 15X19 in. and secured it to the stool seat with 1/4" lag bolts. I splurged on two Lee Bench Plates and secured them also with lag bolts so I can use one press for sizing and depriming then turn the stand around to the other press.
Again using some 1/2" scrap I cut two shelves, pieces of scrap were glued on them to fit between the rungs to hold shelves, at the bottom base I am storing boxes of bullets for the weight and stability, shelves, top and base were given tow coats of clear varnish.
The top shelf fits snugly on the stool seat, the width could vary depending on what is available.
I had most of the materials on hand but not counting the presses and bench plates you could make this for about 35.00/40.00, hope this gives you guys some ideas, enjoy.

dscf0011.jpg   dscf0012.jpg   dscf0014.jpg   dscf0015.jpg   dscf0016.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

They say that necessity is the mother of invention... Think you nailed it Nice work.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 02-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #3

Very well done! It looks great.

Travis'n'Texas

Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

got any Ideas on mounting 4 presses?

Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default RE: Reloading Stand/Barstool

There is enough space to mount two more Lee Bench Plates but that space would be as overcrowded as my old desk.
I think it will look as an early attempt for a progressive press?, This is a project for somebody starting in reloading and later when there is more space available the barstool could still be used as a dedicated station for depriming or other chores and rolled out of the way when not in use.