Reloading Remington Gun Club Hulls
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading Remington Gun Club Hulls

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Reloading Remington Gun Club Hulls

On the Remington website they make comments in the questions section indicating that Gun Club hulls have different reloading characteristics than the STS hulls. I know they're considered to have a shorter reloading life, but all of the reloading manuals I've been looking at say the STS, Nitro 27, and Gun Club are the same from a component combination standpoint? Also, in my Lyman 5th edition shotshell manual the cutaway of the Reminton STS hull matches the cross-sectioned Gun Club hull. Can I safely use my Gun Club hulls with the published STS/Nitro 27 reload data?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwendholt View Post
Can I safely use my Gun Club hulls with the published STS/Nitro 27 reload data?
If you can reload STS/Nitro 27 hulls safely, then yes, you should be able to reload Gun Clubs (and Sport Loads) with the same techniques and recipes, safely.

(However, I and others on forums like these are usually anonymous, with no expertise or experience that you can verify. You might try contacting Remington for a more authoritative answer - they have more at stake in providing answers!)

--Bob

Old 02-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwendholt View Post
On the Remington website they make comments in the questions section indicating that Gun Club hulls have different reloading characteristics than the STS hulls. I know they're considered to have a shorter reloading life, but all of the reloading manuals I've been looking at say the STS, Nitro 27, and Gun Club are the same from a component combination standpoint? Also, in my Lyman 5th edition shotshell manual the cutaway of the Reminton STS hull matches the cross-sectioned Gun Club hull. Can I safely use my Gun Club hulls with the published STS/Nitro 27 reload data?
Do they have a paper basewad?

If so, NO.

I suggest that you get the Lyman Shotshell Reloding Manual, as it's the only manual with the cutouts of the hulls. I couldn't find the Club hulls there, but they COULD BE Remingtom Plastics IF they have a plastic basewad and low plated base/rim.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #4
DMC

Current production Gun Club hulls can be reloaded as the other Remington hulls. Original Gun Club hulls, which were black and had a fiber basewad, shouldn't be. (The black Game loads, current production, can be loaded the same as STS, etc).

DC

Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

The only way to know for sure is to section (cut in half) and insure they have the same internal volume.