Reloading Party
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Reloading Party

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 783 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 850

Default Reloading Party

Went up to a buddies. We don't see each other often enough as our schedules don't really match.
We had a little reloading party today. It was more about BS'ing and having a few Sam Adams, but we both loaded 150 rounds. Me 100 rounds of .44-40 and 50 9x19, Jeff 150 .45lc.
It ended up a cast lead day. Since I use Unique for .44-40, I decided to give it a go in 9x19. Could have done both in w231, but Jeff went 1st and was using Unique, so I added to the measure and kept going.
With the Redding dies I have for .44-40, it takes longer then a 2 die set, but is well worth it.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I do my reloading when I am alone and without distractions.
Shooting with friends and cleaning guns with friends..... and cold beers after!

Old 12-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #3

Liked 783 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger View Post
I do my reloading when I am alone and without distractions.
Shooting with friends and cleaning guns with friends..... and cold beers after!
I would not call a 12 pack between 2 older gentleman that are good friends a distraction over 6 hours. If we had been in a strip club, sure that may distract me a bit.
Visiting, conversing, and enjoying the day was the order of the day. Reloading was secondary. Not that anything changed in our personal procedures. I had 1 beer, loaded 100 .44-40. Had another beer, loaded 50 9x19. We are quite reckless. This is a close friend who's wife passed a couple years ago. He got remarried a bit back and I have not spent much time with him in the last 18 months. Next time I'll bring some Bourbon and sleep on the couch! I take it you have no kids or dogs!
People Like This 
Old 12-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #4

Liked 1322 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 636

J.P.,Sounds like you had a very good/fun time with your ole friend.
Not a damn thing wrong with enjoying time between ole friends,knocking back a couple brews,and having fun loading shells!
North American Hunting Club