Reloading Newbie - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading Newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

I have the lee reloading manual and the lyman. Both are good

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

They are all the same just get renewed every couple years, I have to top one which is the 9th edition. Any of the later and you should be good to go.. The info gets updated but the basic theory is still the same.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Groovy. Thanks for the info. I am off to read and read and read.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2995 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 279

I recommend the 49th edition of the Lyman manual. The ABC's of reloading (pistol,rifle version) is very good also.

For a beginner, an RCBS, Lyman or Lee single stage or turret press are very good. There is only one name in progressives though, DILLON! I cannot tell you how many friends started with a Lee progressive and switched to Dillon w/in a year or so. Well worth the extra bank.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I recommend the 49th edition of the Lyman manual. The ABC's of reloading (pistol,rifle version) is very good also.

For a beginner, an RCBS, Lyman or Lee single stage or turret press are very good. There is only one name in progressives though, DILLON! I cannot tell you how many friends started with a Lee progressive and switched to Dillon w/in a year or so. Well worth the extra bank.
robo is spot on there !! I did just that, started with a single stage, then got a Lee progressive and then my eyes were opened to Dillon Precision. They are the best of the best hands down and their customer service is second to none with a lifetime warranty on their products ( except the commercial reloader 1050 )

Old 06-14-2012, 03:05 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have the lee anniversary set ,a tumbler, media for the tumbler, 9 millimeter dies from lee, lymmn's 49th edition reloading manual, 200 bullets, powder, primers, the material to build my workbench and I am about 300 dollars in and will be reloading for the first time this weekend finally.. I still want to have a digital scale along with a bullet puller and obviously a few more sets of dies.. reloading is not cheap I can tell you that already and I haven't reloaded 1 bullet yet.. however I did not full of myself into believing I would save a lot of money I just think it's going to make a fun hobby.. and hopefully I can shoot a little more

Old 06-14-2012, 03:23 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i agree very much with KTM and Robo on this. get the newest version of the ABC's of Reloading, very good book for beginners and veteran reloaders. Lee's Modern Reloading manual also has lots of good information in it that is good for a beginner, as well as being a load data book.

i would also usggest as a beginner to start with a single stage press for starting out to help with learning the basics of reloading and to help avoid potential mistakes and problems.

above all, read and pay attention to the safety procedures and practices. they will keep you from either gettin hurt or ruining a firearm. reloading is very safe when done correctly, but can be dangerous or even deadly if don't do it safely. adhere to the load data and don't deviate by trying to experiament with making up your own loads.