Reloading Info
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Reloading Info

I paid the membership fee today so I could check out the site below in more detail. There are thousands of loads for hundreds of cartridges. The coolest parts I think are the ability to do side by side comparisons and the re barrel/ re bore calculator. There are also loads and actual ballistics for wildcats that I couldn't find anywhere else (unfortunately I cannot justify a 22-30/30 AI now). I could compare that, 220 Swift and 22-250 against each other at the same time for case capacity, velocity, muzzle energy etc. I think it's worth the $19.00 a year. You can check it out for free but you can't see the powder capacities and some of the other tools are blocked.

ammoguide.com

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
I paid the membership fee today so I could check out the site below in more detail. There are thousands of loads for hundreds of cartridges. The coolest parts I think are the ability to do side by side comparisons and the re barrel/ re bore calculator. There are also loads and actual ballistics for wildcats that I couldn't find anywhere else (unfortunately I cannot justify a 22-30/30 AI now). I could compare that, 220 Swift and 22-250 against each other at the same time for case capacity, velocity, muzzle energy etc. I think it's worth the $19.00 a year. You can check it out for free but you can't see the powder capacities and some of the other tools are blocked.

ammoguide.com
That's OK - we'll just ask you! lol

Did you ever see the Sierra Rifle Reloading Manuals? They have it all and then some - more expensive, but a good desk referrence!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #3

I'll sell my password for $10.00 per person
I have a Sierra manual, actually the one I have is more like a novel. I also have the Lyman one, 47th (?) edition. I think there is a new on that came out in the last few years though. I could probably find all the info I need and do the comparisons that way, but with ammoguide.com you can pick up to eight cartridges and it graphs them side by side. Maybe it's just the novelty of it? Plus there are a lot of wildcats that I have never heard of (not that I have heard of a lot), but there are tons there. Kinda fun to look at obscure stuff like the .17-357 RG. Who's idea was this? A 357 Sig case necked to .17 caliber with a 40 degree shoulder which requires 8 separate dies to form before fire forming. Says 3300 fps. with a 20 grain bullet. Ambitious to say the least.
I am still trying to justify that 22-30/30 though.......

Old 08-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
I'll sell my password for $10.00 per person
I have a Sierra manual, actually the one I have is more like a novel. I also have the Lyman one, 47th (?) edition. I think there is a new on that came out in the last few years though. I could probably find all the info I need and do the comparisons that way, but with ammoguide.com you can pick up to eight cartridges and it graphs them side by side. Maybe it's just the novelty of it? Plus there are a lot of wildcats that I have never heard of (not that I have heard of a lot), but there are tons there. Kinda fun to look at obscure stuff like the .17-357 RG. Who's idea was this? A 357 Sig case necked to .17 caliber with a 40 degree shoulder which requires 8 separate dies to form before fire forming. Says 3300 fps. with a 20 grain bullet. Ambitious to say the least.
I am still trying to justify that 22-30/30 though.......

22/30-30??? Let me guess, a .22 cal bullet on a necked-down 30-30 case?

Old 08-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #5

Yeah, it is an Ackley modification with a 40 degree shoulder. It's just a tad bit faster than a 220 Swift. I don't need one. Hell, I don't need anymore guns period much less a super fast .22 caliber. But... I happened upon a very good deal on a bare TC Encore frame that I can't pass up so, now the quest to turn it into something begins. So far I have "spent" about four times what the frame cost me, and haven't decided on glass yet. What a "good deal" huh? Good thing I left my credit card at home. Internet+boredom+gun accessories=empty checking account x angry wife (2).

Last edited by jeepcreep927; 08-03-2008 at 09:22 PM.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
much less a super fast .22 caliber.
It's a great product for barrel manufacturers - they will sell you a six pack so you can rebarrel as you need them. Which, if you are using it for varmint shooting, should be about noon on the third day... LOL

JD

Old 08-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #7

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, it is an Ackley modification with a 40 degree shoulder. It's just a tad bit faster than a 220 Swift. I don't need one. Hell, I don't need anymore guns period much less a super fast .22 caliber. But... I happened upon a very good deal on a bare TC Encore frame that I can't pass up so, now the quest to turn it into something begins. So far I have "spent" about four times what the frame cost me, and haven't decided on glass yet. What a "good deal" huh? Good thing I left my credit card at home. Internet+boredom+gun accessories=empty checking account x angry wife (2).

Blasphemy I tell you. You should be taken to the town square and suffer 50 lashes with a rubber hose. YOU DON'T NEED ANYMORE GUNS.

Plus dude you on me a new computer screen as because of your avatar I shot mine. I will take a nice 30" apple display pm me for my address to ship it too. I have this thing about shooting ground hogs LOL.....

I was thinking of necking down a 300 win mag to 22 cal and giving it a 42deg shoulder and .005" of body taper. I would need to run a 36" barrel with a 9" twist for them super heavy 90gr VLD bullets. That would get me to 1000 yard pdog gun you think? I was going to call it the 22 OUCH. Ouch because about 200 shots you need a new barrel. LOL.......

Last edited by cpttango30; 08-04-2008 at 12:27 AM.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Internet+boredom+gun accessories=empty checking account x angry wife (2).
And we all know that's a "formula" for disaster....The old reply to "Is that a New Gun? (no, you just never saw this one before..) stopped working after number 17.