Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading for glocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default Reloading for glocks

Anyone reload for their glock. I have a 40cal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Glock's safety-natzis say reloads are a no-no.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #3

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Take it from me, Glock is very serious about reloads. If you have any problem with the gun and they even suspect it was caused by reloads, warranty over!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 AM   #4

Every gun manufacturer out there will say that shooting anything other that factory-loaded ammo will void any warranty. Having said that, the very same manufacturers understand completely that a great majority of shooters reload, myself included!

You can absolutely reload for any Glock but the .40 does take a bit of extra care. Bare lead bullets are mostly a no-no since it will lead to excessive barrel leading which can lead to massive over-pressure and then a catastrophic failure, worse case. You also have to pay attention to the spent casings from you .40 cal Glocks, too. Older models can cause a bit of a bulge towards the case rim and multiple resizing scan cause a weak spot and that is generally where the case will fail when loading hotter rounds. you have to be careful when you reload for any gun but buying an aftermarket barrel from a place like KKM Precision or Lone Wolf will help eliminate most concerns.

Again, I reload for all my guns, Glocks included, and so do thousands upon thousands of other shooters.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

Old 01-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #5

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDawg48
Every gun manufacturer out there will say that shooting anything other that factory-loaded ammo will void any warranty. Having said that, the very same manufacturers understand completely that a great majority of shooters reload, myself included!

You can absolutely reload for any Glock but the .40 does take a bit of extra care. Bare lead bullets are mostly a no-no since it will lead to excessive barrel leading which can lead to massive over-pressure and then a catastrophic failure, worse case. You also have to pay attention to the spent casings from you .40 cal Glocks, too. Older models can cause a bit of a bulge towards the case rim and multiple resizing scan cause a weak spot and that is generally where the case will fail when loading hotter rounds. you have to be careful when you reload for any gun but buying an aftermarket barrel from a place like KKM Precision or Lone Wolf will help eliminate most concerns.

Again, I reload for all my guns, Glocks included, and so do thousands upon thousands of other shooters.

How do they know reloads have been shot out of a gun?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #6

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyePrecision View Post
They don't have to know it. If they suspect it they will not cover the gun. It happened to me. Yeah, yeah, you can say you'd sue them and all that but it would cost you way too much to do so. It did piss me off plenty and I made a lot of calls to Glock and finally got some satisfaction from them but to me, it ain't worth it.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2557 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Yet another reason to not buy Glock.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyePrecision

Unless you tell them they won't know or if the bullet would be lodged in the barrel when you send it in might give it away. Unless you have some sort of catastrophic failure you aren't going to have problems with a warranty issue.

The biggest thing in reloading, and it goes for every gun, is to keep you loads well within the recommended limits and if you want some super-stopper man-killers don't reload you own self-defense rounds, buy factory for that.

There is a lot of stress in the .40 cal brass in some autos so inspecting every case in very important. You aren't going to get as many reloads out of a piece of .40 cal brass as you old a .45 due to the differences in pressure.

Last edited by DustyDawg48; 01-13-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2557 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 192

They have been known to arbitrarily declare you have been using reloads and negate the warranty. To me that is a red flag. I will not do business with snakes. Austrian NAZI snakes especially.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball