Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > reloading equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4520 Times on 2376 Posts
Likes Given: 259

i dont have a lot of time to reload. thats why i got a dillon progressive. when i load up for cowboy shooting it takes me a week or so. 1 nite i will make the bullets by smelting the lead into liquid form and casting what i need for the match. about 45minutes to one hour.

next day they are cooled i will lube them takes about 10 minutes and also ill do the case prep by setting the used cases in the tumbler and letting em spin for a couple hours.

next day ill size the lubed bullets takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour.

next day ill make the ammo i need another hour or so.

i dont knock it all out at one time would never get anywhere. but i do steps each day for an hour or less whether i need rifle ammo or pistol or whatever

dont sell your stuff just set aside time and do it like that. instead of watching a show on tv at nite go do a few reloading steps for a half hour or so. making your own is rewarding and fun and you get better ammo for cheap

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #22

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Visit a local gun club or shooting range. Ask a range officer about hand loading. The RO will know a reliable source of instruction.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:12 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 769 Times on 529 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Keep it, set it up, and learn to use it.... Then load when you decide too,, loading should never become a chore.

Become steel or get cut.