reloading equipment - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

reloading equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 7004 Times on 3716 Posts
Likes Given: 530

i dont have a lot of time to reload. thats why i got a dillon progressive. when i load up for cowboy shooting it takes me a week or so. 1 nite i will make the bullets by smelting the lead into liquid form and casting what i need for the match. about 45minutes to one hour.

next day they are cooled i will lube them takes about 10 minutes and also ill do the case prep by setting the used cases in the tumbler and letting em spin for a couple hours.

next day ill size the lubed bullets takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour.

next day ill make the ammo i need another hour or so.

i dont knock it all out at one time would never get anywhere. but i do steps each day for an hour or less whether i need rifle ammo or pistol or whatever

dont sell your stuff just set aside time and do it like that. instead of watching a show on tv at nite go do a few reloading steps for a half hour or so. making your own is rewarding and fun and you get better ammo for cheap
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
Old 07-29-2013, 05:07 AM   #22
Liked 4798 Times on 2684 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Visit a local gun club or shooting range. Ask a range officer about hand loading. The RO will know a reliable source of instruction.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #23
Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Keep it, set it up, and learn to use it.... Then load when you decide too,, loading should never become a chore.
'Steel cuts flesh / steel cuts bone / steel does not cut steel.'

Become steel or get cut.