Reloading Data Thread - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Reloading Data Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1321 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 636

Reloader's Nest is also a good place to find odd load data.

http://www.reloadersnest.com/index.asp
North American Hunting Club
People Like This 
Old 09-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #12

Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I do too.

I can't afford to go buy a lot of reloading manuals (and afford to keep reloading, shooting, and saving up for new guns ), so this is the next best thing.
I'm stuck on the stupid stuff...

Money for primers, lead... and time...

This thread will help out tons if it'll save me a couple of bucks on books...

Great topic Tex!
People Like This 
Old 09-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I just want to say that I use a lot of internet resources and they are a great aid in bullet casting and reloading but nothing will ever take the place of good old fashion reloading manuals. At least for me. Everyone that reloads or is thinking about taking it up owes it to themselves to have some old and new manuals on hand. It can be very interesting comparing the data worked up 50 years or more apart. Its been a while, and I need to start again but searching Ebay or other sites for old manuals can be very rewarding. Plus you get to read some of the writings of people that some of you have probably never heard of such as Warren Page, Jack O'Conner, Pete Brown, Capt. George Nonte, Dean Grennell and many others. I have Speer manuals from #6 from 1964 through #12. That reminds me I need to go find #1 through #5. You would be doing yourself a favor if you added a few to your collection. Just don't you go bidding against me. Oh and I also have every Gun Digest from the 1st edition from 1944 through the 68th edition. Folks that stuff is pure gold.
img_3548.jpg  

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by string1946; 09-11-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: add picture
People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #14

Liked 1321 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
I just want to say that I use a lot of internet resources and they are a great aid in bullet casting and reloading but nothing will ever take the place of good old fashion reloading manuals. At least for me. Everyone that reloads or is thinking about taking it up owes it to themselves to have some old and new manuals on hand. It can be very interesting comparing the data worked up 50 years or more apart. Its been a while, and I need to start again but searching Ebay or other sites for old manuals can be very rewarding. Plus you get to read some of the writings of people that some of you have probably never heard of such as Warren Page, Jack O'Conner, Pete Brown, Capt. George Nonte, Dean Grennell and many others. I have Speer manuals from #6 from 1964 through #12. That reminds me I need to go find #1 through #5. You would be doing yourself a favor if you added a few to your collection. Just don't you go bidding against me. Oh and I also have every Gun Digest from the 1st edition from 1944 through the 68th edition. Folks that stuff is pure gold.
Older load data manuals are full of some very interesting things,and have a wealth of knowledge written in them.
One thing that new loaders need to be aware of with older manuals is that the load data can be way off from today's load data.
Today's gun powders are different from the same type of older powders in many cases,and that can have a big difference in the case/chamber pressure's.

Used book stores are a great place to find older load data manuals.
North American Hunting Club
People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 03:59 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
Great thread.. i vote for a sticky!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I second the sticky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i vote for a sticky as well!

sticky-thread.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Older load data manuals are full of some very interesting things,and have a wealth of knowledge written in them.
One thing that new loaders need to be aware of with older manuals is that the load data can be way off from today's load data.
Today's gun powders are different from the same type of older powders in many cases,and that can have a big difference in the case/chamber pressure's.

Used book stores are a great place to find older load data manuals.
Absolutely. I like going through old manuals and seeing how it was done back then. I'd also like to eventually get a few more manuals to use, but until then these links should suffice.
People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #17

Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Default Bump...

*pounding fists on desk* STI-CKY...STI-CKY...STI-CKY...!!!!!!
People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

A few more.

www.gmdr.com/lever/lowveldata.htm

http://jeffersonian.therealgunguys.com/reload/reload.html

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by string1946; 09-12-2013 at 04:17 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I don't know if anyone else has played around with this program but it looks interesting. Its called reloaders reference and if you download the whole shooting match (no pun intended) its 1.6GB. You download the basic program which is just less than 90mb and then if you want the targets and manuals you download them as add ons. I had problems getting it to run on my laptop running Vista. If you google it there are instructions on making it work. I tried but couldnt get it to work but I may try again later. I downloaded it on my desktop running Windows 7 and it didn't work at first but followed the instructions and got it working without much drama. If you download all of it this is what they say is included. I've just started playing with it so I can't say for sure. Oh yeah it free.

21102 Metallic Cartridge Loads
13577 Shotshell Loads
2816 Cast Bullet Loads
712 Surplus Powder Loads

Powley Calculator
Barsness Calculator
Alloy calculator for casters
Trajectory Calculator
Twist Rate Calc

An inventory system for firearms
with the ability to store photos

metallic Cartridge Reloading inventory

A Complete mold reference including pictures

Powder profiles, burn rates, Grain/CC conversions
Powder charges held by common dippers

Bullet lookup for factory rounds

Factory round ballistics tables

Cartridge Case dimensions and water capacities

720 Firearms manuals

300+ Printable Targets

Ability to modify data tables directly and
add your own data.

Like all other programs out there, download at your own risk.

http://reloadersrfrnce.sourceforge.net/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/files/Reloaders_%20Reference/9.3x74r%20-%20Final/

People Like This 
Old 10-29-2013, 05:13 AM   #20

Bump.

IMR data for .223 Rem.

http://www.imrpowder.com/data/rifle/223rem-2005mar28.php
People Like This