Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading components built here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Reloading components built here

Recently I read a review of the RCBS rockchucker supreme. Very nice single stage press of robust construction. Unfortunately the body of the press is made from chinese cast iron. Yep, RCBS outsources the work to china for the main component of this press and imports it to the USA for final fit and finish. Regardless of how well built this product is, I feel somewhat jaded by the fact that it has any relationship at all with china. This may or may not bother most people but for me, putting the name of an AMERICAN icon like RCBS onto this press is an insult. Lee products has produced the Classic cast with recycled railroad iron made here at home. And its less expensive than RCBS.

Springfield 1911: Like American express, Don't leave home without it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

That's Why I always suggest Lee products. Why pay more for something made elsewhere?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1072 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 607

hmm i did not know this. i might have changed my mind

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #4

Liked 313 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Lee products are ok, but they just don't seem to be of the same quality as RCBS. Given a choice, I will use RCBS over Lee everytime. I hate to say it, but foreign parts are in almost everything we use everyday. It is the greed of the large corporations in this country that have created the problem.
cottontop

Old 07-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

"Lee products are ok, but they just don't seem to be of the same quality as RCBS. "

Maybe it looks that way on the surface but if you measure the way they function you might change your mind.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #6

Liked 313 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
"Lee products are ok, but they just don't seem to be of the same quality as RCBS. "

Maybe it looks that way on the surface but if you measure the way they function you might change your mind.

I don't think so. I have been reloading for almost 50 years. I have used them all, even some that are no longer made. I do own and use several Lee products that I am satisfied with, but, if given the choice of Lee or RCBS for basically the same product, I will take RCBS. I have used RCBS, Hornady, Redding, and Lyman, to name a few and I would choose any of them over Lee. Try to sell or trade a Lee product at a gun show. Most of the time, people and dealers are either not at all interested, or will give you very little for it.
cottontop