Reloading and components - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading and components

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

the lee progressive, the rifle capable one, can be used as a single station, is very low cost on Ebay (especially right after xmas) and is quite simple to use. 700 rds per hour, 1000 rds per hour if you get the optional bullet feeder. either get Lee single station, Lee scales, and dies, or get USED lyman, RCBS, etc, or you're going to lose your butt on single station gear. The "good stuff", retail, costs as much as the Lee progressive, but only loads 150 rds per hour. Your time is worth a lot more than that, and in fact, you can quickly pay for the lee by laoding for your buddies. right now, tho, components and gear are almost non-available.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:02 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Another powder you might want to look at is 231 or HP38. I use it for the 38, 9mm, 9mak,44 special, 45acp and 380. I would be very careful about making reloads for friends and especially selling them any. To be in the business of manufacturing ammo, you need a federal firearms manufactures license. Until you become proficient and very good at reloading, even giving your reloads to friends, make you liable for any problems your ammo may cause.

Start reloading for yourself and for the feeling of accomplishment where you are making better and cheaper ammo then you can buy. For me, it is also relaxing in that you need to concentrate on the reloading and only the reloading. I have only been reloading since the early 70s and have found it an enjoyable hobby. Remember be safe and careful.