Reloading Bench Photos - Page 34
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading Bench Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #331
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

@ MarlinMan and @Axx55e : Thanks!

Axx55e is right...specs accomodate whatever you need. 6'x2' bench allows me to still park both cars in my garage. And, the the kit was only $70 on Amazon. I too was budget-minded and only spentd $200 total to complete.
But that included the stain, two flourescent-lights, 12-outlet power-strip and galvenized bracket mounts for the small plastic bins.I went the extra expense of 3/4" furniture-grade plywood for the shelves (for smooth feel).
Overall, it was a nice price compared to lots of other options I was looking at.

Per the manufacture's website, 'the materials are made of heavy-gauge resins and are impact-and solvent-resistant, for long-term durability.' Each shelf will support 1,000lbs. It's very strong when completed.

http://www.amazon.com/2x4basics-90164-Workbench-Shelving-Storage/dp/B0030T1BRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402670691&sr=8-1&keywords=2x4+basics

Good luck! And. post some pics when you get your bench built

Last edited by Elvinl; 06-13-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #332

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Wow! That is some kinda 'space' you have! Jealous

Nice setup!

Old 06-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #333
RKB

Liked 159 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 169

ElvinL and others,
I have the same bench kit with the plastic legs/etc, I use it as a general-purpose workbench. It is super-sturdy, easy to build, and can be disassembled if you relocate, as I am in the process of doing. I have a vise and a drill press mounted on it now with room for more stuff. I am very pleased with that bench.
My loading benches were built from scrap, I think I have some pics somewhere.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #334
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3197 Times on 1605 Posts
Likes Given: 415

Not really as chaotic as it looks at first glance.

NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 06-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #335
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Not really as chaotic as it looks at first glance.
Nah. I can clearly tell everything has its place there. What has to be my favorite part about your set up is that mini fridge at your feet. I actually have to stand and walk to the kitchen to get a beer.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 06-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #336

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKB View Post
ElvinL and others,
I have the same bench kit with the plastic legs/etc, I use it as a general-purpose workbench. It is super-sturdy, easy to build, and can be disassembled if you relocate, as I am in the process of doing. I have a vise and a drill press mounted on it now with room for more stuff. I am very pleased with that bench.
My loading benches were built from scrap, I think I have some pics somewhere.
Quote:
Per the manufacture's website, 'the materials are made of heavy-gauge resins and are impact-and solvent-resistant, for long-term durability.' Each shelf will support 1,000lbs. It's very strong when completed
Thank you both for the info on that workbench sold on Amazon.

I , too, have a small vise and a small drill press that I plan on mounting on one of the benches...so the bench's sturdiness, and how much weight it could safely support were two of my main concerns....it surely looks like it is the answer for my workbench.

BTW Nothing wrong with using scraps if they are in clean & good condition, and assembled correctly/in a professional manner.

Unfortunately, however... my scrap built work bench was a quite a bit less than "spectacular" in assembly and appearance, as well as function ......And was built out of dirty and rough condition scraps.......back in the 1970s.

Plus it has had lots of different loaders (7) mounted, unmounted, and then remounted as time went by, not to mention addition of drill press and vice in a location on the bench that didn't allow much use of either one easily,.

And all the different loaders being moved around left the top full of open holes for powder, screws, and other small things to fall through.

I feel it's now a bit of a safety hazard in those respects.Plus it just didn't look very nice/professionally done.

Plus it is really too narrow, and was wedged between the walls so as to not tilt over because it's too narrow.

The whole set up had gradually, but surely, become a real mess over the years..LOL and I'm sorta persnickety about function/appearance........

So I am *totally revamping the whole room*. For more room to work, and everything located/mounted in a manner that makes sense ... and allows them all to be much easier to access/use.

There will only be a pistol/rifle cartridge reloader and one shot shell reloader,on one bench and a drill press, and vise mounted on the other work benche when I'm through.

And I hope to mount both of the bench's tops in such manner that it can be easily replaced later on,such as screwed on with wood screws for when/if I decided to buy a nicer reloading machine (no leftover holes) .......

As I hope, to some day , get a much nicer/faster progressive cartridge reloading machine (maybe a Dillon Precision 550B?)

And then I'll use the other bench on opposite wall for cleaning rifles/pistols as well as my other hobby, model car building, which I really enjoy. This should leave room for me to have my Craftsman tool box against the shortest wall for tool storage.

Luckily there is already some pretty decent storage cabinets mounted on the walls, for powder and components /bullets, etc....and I've already collected a few items for "themed decoration" of the walls as well.... should be a nice but small "reloading cave".....

I'll be sure to post pics in this thread in a month or three/four when I'm done with the whole deal.

I think it'll be a pretty clean and well thought out/ set up reloading area when I'm finished. Although the room is rather small, it will be enough for my plans/purposes.

Thanks Again! Time to go do some more work to accomplish this feat...........

Last edited by MarlinMan1895CB; 06-15-2014 at 08:04 PM.
bradam Likes This 
Old 07-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #337
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default I need a bigger bench!

I keep adding stuff and the reloading area gets smaller and smaller. Guess I'll have to take over my wife's wood hobby bench, boy that will go over big!!

File Type: jpg Reload bench 2014.jpg (34.0 KB, 103 views)

Old 07-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #338
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 675 Posts
Likes Given: 489

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1406404735.562286.jpg
Stopped by Barnes and Nobles to get my boy a book today and picked this up as well...
Hoping to start reloading soon and this seemed like a good beginners guide.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #339
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22109 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
Attachment 147402
Stopped by Barnes and Nobles to get my boy a book today and picked this up as well...
Hoping to start reloading soon and this seemed like a good beginners guide.

i have the 8th edition. it's a good book to learn the basics of reloading and safety while reloading.

congrats on your new gun room Truggie!

Old 07-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #340
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 675 Posts
Likes Given: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have the 8th edition. it's a good book to learn the basics of reloading and safety while reloading.

congrats on your new gun room Truggie!

Thanks, Axxe...
Adjusting well to VA and looking forward to making my own ammo...just wish I knew somebody here to shoot with.
Waking up to 60's in the morning in July and rain 3-4 times a week sure is nice, though!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Axxe55 Likes This