Reloading Bench Photos - Page 33
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading Bench Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #321
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1170 Times on 762 Posts
Likes Given: 697

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlinMan1895CB View Post
Hopefully ..this question isn't too far off topic in this thread...

Is an all metal cabinet mounted to a cinder block wall, with containers of gun powder sitting a wood board a reasonably safe way to store containers of gun powder?
first off, its way off topic and you shoulda just started a thread.. I mean its like you on mars or something.. :P

second.. my gun powder sits on a wood shelf... im sure your setup is more than adequate..
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
beaglesam Likes This 
Old 06-04-2014, 12:49 AM   #322

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymag View Post
My setup is in two locations,in the house and the garage ,limited space (To many hobbies)
dang, now we know who is hoarding all the ammo and supplies!!

Old 06-06-2014, 05:30 AM   #323

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I need to build a new reloading *bench*. One I have is too narrow and was built from scraps.

Since I'm changing the reloading room around some to make for more room to work And probably build another work table/bench to mount a small vise, a small drill press, on and to have room on it to also clean rifles, shotguns and pistols, as well as work on them a little.

Where is a good place to find premade, one piece thick wood table tops to use for to work bench/reload benches I have to build? 84 Lumber Co have anything like this?

Last edited by MarlinMan1895CB; 06-06-2014 at 05:32 AM.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:47 AM   #324
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21989 Times on 12399 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
I need to build a new reloading *bench*. One I have is too narrow and was built from scraps.

Since I'm changing the reloading room around some to make for more room to work And probably build another work table/bench to mount a small vise, a small drill press, on and to have room on it to also clean rifles, shotguns and pistols, as well as work on them a little.

Where is a good place to find premade, one piece thick wood table tops to use for to work bench/reload benches I have to build? 84 Lumber Co have anything like this?
i would start by checking the lumber and building supply stores in your area. might also try any cabinet shops if any are around as well.

some places like Lowes and Home Depot carry pre-made cabinet tops you might look into as well.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #325
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 237 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:

I used scrap 4x12s as a base i picked up at the lumber yard, drilled holes and attached with 3' rods, then attached 3/4" plywood on top, cost 90.00, bench is 3' x 7' and very heavy

Old 06-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #326

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Reloading Bench

Hi all,

New member. Have been looking at this site and various others for the last year or so...looking for ideas etc for a bench that would work for me. You guys have some awesome setups!

I built this one using the 2x4 Basics Kit (via Amazon). Had all the cuts done at Home Depot, then I stained pieces. I am no carpenter, so this one was ideal for me.
Recently purchased the Hornady LNL AP and am loving the differences. Only been at reloading for a year now but am learning fast. Thanks for all your time in posting...us newbs appreciate it! I am always on the lookout for new ideas to add/improve on

20140511_104020.jpg   20140511_105210.jpg   20140511_105218.jpg  
Old 06-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #327

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinl View Post
Hi all,

New member. Have been looking at this site and various others for the last year or so...looking for ideas etc for a bench that would work for me. You guys have some awesome setups!

I built this one using the 2x4 Basics Kit (via Amazon). Had all the cuts done at Home Depot, then I stained pieces. I am no carpenter, so this one was ideal for me.
Recently purchased the Hornady LNL AP and am loving the differences. Only been at reloading for a year now but am learning fast. Thanks for all your time in posting...us newbs appreciate it! I am always on the lookout for new ideas to add/improve on
Are the 4 verticle L shaped legs made of metal or made of plastic in that kit? Any info in the instructions/kit on how much weight they will support?

Looks like a good and inexpensive alternative to me

Old 06-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #328
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21989 Times on 12399 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinl View Post
Hi all,

Quote:
Are the 4 verticle L shaped legs made of metal or made of plastic in that kit? Any info in the instructions/kit on how much weight they will support?

Looks like a good and inexpensive alternative to me
Elvin, not bad at all. the thing is, if it works for you, then its a good deal.

MM, IIRC, they are plastic and the kit is designed for using lumber only having make straight cuts. i looked at the same kit a few years ago and i think they can actually support quite a bit of weight. and they were decently priced as well. the nice thing about the kit, is you can make it as wide as you need the bench to be for a particualar purpose.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #329

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
Elvin, not bad at all. the thing is, if it works for you, then its a good deal.

MM, IIRC, they are plastic and the kit is designed for using lumber only having make straight cuts. i looked at the same kit a few years ago and i think they can actually support quite a bit of weight. and they were decently priced as well. the nice thing about the kit, is you can make it as wide as you need the bench to be for a particualar purpose.
The legs look to be quite sturdy to me , even if they are plastic.

And since it sounds like one can "adjust" length and width......I think this bench will work fine for me,. ..if so I maybe well be buying one..maybe two.

Everything else I've looked at has been more than I wanted to spend/out of my allotted budget.

But this bench would allow me to have the two separate benches I'm wanting.

Last edited by MarlinMan1895CB; 06-12-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:03 AM   #330
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 559 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Here is my reloading bench as of this moment. Yeah I know, hard to spot any reloading equipment let alone the desk. Flight planning takes up too much room.
imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1402614215.920278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"