Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Reloading bench (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/reloading-bench-52422/)

mrbirdguy 11-25-2011 09:19 PM

Reloading bench

I am intrested in building myself a reloading bench
What should I include in it or on it? For now I use a hand press
So are the power charge thing worth it? But. I am hear to learn. More about a bench?

lonewolf101 11-26-2011 12:31 AM

If you have the room build it about 6" long 8 " would be ok to for presses tumbler and whatever else also make a shelf under the table to store things.

Txhillbilly 11-26-2011 12:43 AM

A reloading bench is like a gun safe.They are never big enough for what you really need.

Just build a good sturdy bench,and reinforce the area where your press/presses will be mounted.Shelves also come in handy for storage of brass/bullets/powders/primers/dies,etc.

DougB 11-26-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf101 (Post 635841)
If you have the room build it about 6" long 8 " would be ok

I would build it 6-8' long and about 30-38" deep.

1hole 11-26-2011 01:55 PM

"So are the power charge thing worth it?"

You will want a powder charge thing of some kind but there are a lot of options at a very wide range of costs. Without a clue what "thing" you're referring to ...?

A strudy bench that's high and large enough to let us work comfortably is probably the most important reloading "tool" we can have. Mine is 8' x 22" wide x 42" high and it works well for me. Anything wider than 20-22" just ends up being fulled with stuff on the back side, not for working space. Make your top about belt buckle high and plan to block your presses up enough so you can fully depress the lever without bending over, your back will thank you.

mrbirdguy 11-27-2011 12:07 AM

I am referring to the power charge things that you fill with powder and crank out the handle to get powder
I use a scope and a digital scale currently long process

1982flh80 11-27-2011 07:34 PM

My bench

3 Attachment(s)
Not much to look at. Been in use 20yrs. LEE, RCBS and an assortment of other components make up my reloading station. Bench top was fabricated from a household door and 1/2 inch particle board. Works double as a work bench when making repairs on my vehicles, mostly my HD.

Axxe55 11-27-2011 08:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
my suggestions for a reloading bench, it depends on where you are putting it and how much room you have to use. my suggestion, make it as long as you can, no more than 24-26" deep, and put it about waist high. if possible mount the legs to the floor and the back mounted to the wall for stability. now my reasons, length, you will always want more room! highth, waist high because this will be in your comfort zone, width, 24-26" because of reach, anything much deeper becomes an area for clutter and wasted space.

mrbirdguy 11-27-2011 08:19 PM

I am 28 still living at home so I have my own shed but reserved for my Luther hobby wood working so the bench I make will have to go in my bedroom for now any good suggestions there also thsnks

lonestardiver 12-04-2011 04:43 PM

I used to have a small bench in a walk in closet when I lived in an apartment...
Also consider a black and decker workmate folding work bench...