reloading AK-47 empty brass
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > reloading AK-47 empty brass

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default reloading AK-47 empty brass

Hi guys; Infact I have alot of of ak-47 empty cases wich iwant to reload again.
I've fabricated some tools through which I was able to make anew brass jacketed brojectiles
and I found agood primer that fits nicely in place
my only two proplems were:
1-The Powder : I've tried several kind of shotguns powder and in none of them the empty case was thrown from the ejection port
2-I used a glue to fasten the projectile to the case which was a time consuming process
notice1:this process was so bad
notice2:Iam using gold scale for all measurments(accurate is achived)

what i need is:

there must be astandard method in a book or a video that explains those method

I'll be happy if there were a machine that i can to do the job buy and get rid of all of this(how much does it cost)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #2

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

I would advise you stop 'rigging' your own projectiles and reloading your own bullets until you do a lot of reloading. You are dealing with some serious chamber pressure to propel an AK round out the mussle at roughly 2400 feet per second. One mistake and you will become as what your mother always told you if you do that. BLIND

or fingerless, faceless, or even yes, Death

Old 11-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #3

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

TROLLLLLLL!!

Runnnnnnn!!!

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #4

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Now that I have warned you about the dangers in what you have done, and 'guessing' which powders there is to use. look for a book called the 'abc's of reloading.'

That is a good start. They make reloading presses to safely secure the primer, seat and crimp the bullet, etc, and you could even get a great brand multistage reloading press called a Dillon of you want to reload them in a hurry.

STOP MAKING YOUR OWN BULLETS AND GLUING THEM AND RIGGING PRIMERS TO FIT AND ESPECIALLY USING SHOTGUN POWDER OR YES< YOU WILL DIE OR BE FORCED TO GET A JOB WORKING FOR THE CIRCUS OR RIPLEYS BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #5

Liked 2184 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Step 1: buy a reloading manual.
Step 2: read it and understand it before doing any more reloading.
Step 3: buy appropriate tools and components for the cartridge you plan on reloading.

Or let Darwinian theory rule the day.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5646 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 372

locked for further review

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Closed Thread