Reloading
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default Reloading

My grandpa is passing his stuff on to me. It's 2 benches for reloading with 12 gauge and 20 gauge presses on one and the other is a rifle press. Plus some bullets and cases and stuff just wanting know if anybody could help me out with information I need to start and what else I need to know

Last edited by canebrake; 02-19-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: TTTP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2872 Times on 1578 Posts
Likes Given: 810

1st you need to decide what you want to load for. What calibers you have, what you want to shoot and how you want to shoot. Hand loading can be tailored to a specific type of shooting. Target, hunting, rifle, pistol, shotgun. Most of the loading data books have instructions so read them before you start reloading. Then read them again paying more attention to safety issues.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10549 Times on 4555 Posts
Likes Given: 1692

What he said up there ^^^.

A great first step- get a copy of The ABCs of Reloading, (used copy, Amazon, cheap) and read it.

Second, raise your right hand and swear that you will pay attention when reloading, that you will start with the starting load and then work up, and that you will follow established load data.

Otherwise the monkeys at the zoo will be laughing at your lack of opposable thumbs.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
What he said up there ^^^.

A great first step- get a copy of The ABCs of Reloading, (used copy, Amazon, cheap) and read it.

Second, raise your right hand and swear that you will pay attention when reloading, that you will start with the starting load and then work up, and that you will follow established load data.

Otherwise the monkeys at the zoo will be laughing at your lack of opposable thumbs.
Right on. Just make sure you pay attention when you reload. Not putting powder in is not too bad (as long as you catch it before the next shot), but putting in a double load may be the last thing you do in this lifetime!

Old 02-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7601 Times on 4182 Posts
Likes Given: 7338

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomingreeneco View Post
Right on. Just make sure you pay attention when you reload. Not putting powder in is not too bad (as long as you catch it before the next shot), but putting in a double load may be the last thing you do in this lifetime!

Buy a good reloading manual and read it.

They're all pretty good actually, but IMHO, Lyman is the best for beginners,

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 02-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #6

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

you can also check out reloading manuals from your local library, great wealth of info, for free.

Newest Threads