Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading for .270 win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 03:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Reloading for .270 win

Hello, I am new to reloading but am very interested to start loading for my 270. I am after cheaper, more consistent loads. Where do I begin??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2013, 04:09 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19532 Times on 11086 Posts
Likes Given: 49175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucknz View Post
Hello, I am new to reloading but am very interested to start loading for my 270. I am after cheaper, more consistent loads. Where do I begin??
Chuck, welcome to the forum and stop over in the Introductions Section and say hello.

let me answer your question as best i can. first, buy the book, The ABC's Of Reloading. an excellent book and it can be found at Amazon.com and usually not more than about $15. it will point you in the right direction. please read it and then reread it several. after reading it several times, come back here and ask questions and we will be glad to answer and help you out.

first and foremost, let me add this, reloading can be very rewarding and a safe hobby if done properly and safely. but if not, i can be very dangerous and can ruin you and a firearm. the safety procedures are there for very good reason, to protect you and others. please adhere to them and abide by them.

again welcome to the forum!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. When I searched that book title it came up with a number of different authors for the same title, which author do you recommend?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19532 Times on 11086 Posts
Likes Given: 49175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucknz View Post
Thanks for your reply. When I searched that book title it came up with a number of different authors for the same title, which author do you recommend?
all of them are good, but get the most current edition. it will provide more current and up to date information.