Reloading

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Reloading

What are the different things besides the lead tips that you can load bullets with? Are there any really weird things that are unexpected?

Would it be easier to do with a shotgun shell or normal cartridge?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-05-2007, 06:31 AM   #2

Default Strange loads

Man, if you can think of somthing sombody did'nt run down the barrel of a gun, you would have a shorter list, just a couple off the top of my head, let's see there people that have tried wood'en bullets, ice bullets, Frozen meat bullets, just about every kind of metal known to man, concreat, plaster,glass, who know's

If you are getting into reloading and have a shotgun you use enough to justify reloading it is very basic easy and enjoyable, and I like to think I'm saving money, but somtimes I wounder!!! It's what my dad started me on first, and what I started my son's on first, the best advice I can give you is to read everything that you can get your hands on first, and always use loading charts that are currant, The world is full of people that were not schooled correctly and are missing body parts, and some just plain old dead, once you have a load that you are interested in double check it with somone that really know's what they are doing, for instance if you load a rifle cartrige with let's say pistol powder, It's all over bro!!! Hope this helps.

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2692 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Default Reloading

Let's see, Full metal jacket, Steel Core/copper jacketed, Bi-metal/Cupro nickel jacketed, Solid Copper (Barnes), Winchester combined technology (CT) Lead/steel/copper jacketed Failsafe, Solid bronze..... The list could go on and on.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:52 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Different "tips" on a bullet? Well, off hand, beside the lead points we have hollow points, plastic points - both hard and soft, silver (aluminum) tips, and bronze points on various bullets.

But, none of them have any application to shotgun shells.