reloaded and fired my first three rounds yesterday - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > reloaded and fired my first three rounds yesterday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 05:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Jeb you only need to bell an ACP if you are loading cast lead without a gas check. If you are loading jacketed bullets you only need to chamfer the case mouth as you would CF rifle brass.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 AM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Was able to get out and test the 3 newest reloads. Things went much smoother this time. Thanks for the help with this.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 AM   #13

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

So I've been reloading for about a year now.

A lot has changed in the last year. I started out with a lee hand press. To date, I still am loading my 45 auto on it.

Shortly after I got started with 45 auto, I got an old single stage press. I set up everything else on that press as I spent the year getting stuff together for everything that I have at this time. I still have not gotten everything together to reload 7.62x54R, but I have resized and annealed them, but still have not picked out toppers. With the crazy supply and demand, I have been trying not to buy the craze. It has made me have to be patient, but it has worked out for the most part.

The latest addition has been on order for some time. I sped things up a bit with a Hornady LNL AP that I set up for 38 spl. I have to say, this thing is great. I loaded 200 rounds today after work, taking my time, cause I am still getting the feel of this new press, in less time than I could have loaded 50 rounds of 38 spl on my single stage press.

Will have to see what the next year brings for me and reloading.