Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > reliable clean ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default reliable clean ammo

Hi everyone. I just purchased a .40 xdm last week and have recently found a hobby I enjoy doing. I'm fairly new to shooting, and was wondering what some good fmj target ammo is? I'm looking for something thats not "too expensive" since its just for practicing.

I've heard blazer brass is good, and last week I used winchester white box. However, I was seeing what some good alternatives were that aren't as dirty as the wwb. What might be some good hollowpoint brands as well?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Those of us that don't reload generally rely on Walmart for our range ammo. There ain't much difference between the commercial brands sold there so price is the key. As far as defensive ammo, there are a ton of brands available and it's a matter of personal preference. I like old fashioned Gold Dots myself...

Old 02-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you stick with the US brands--Rem/Win/Fed/CCI/Hornady you will be OK--I'd say stay away from the Eastern European/Russian ammo if you don't want to deal with a very dirty gun...IMHO

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"