Re: Re-annealing brass - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Re: Re-annealing brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

DI water is dirt cheap. Why introduce an uncertainity to a chemical/industrial process ? Heating the brass does open it to all sorts of chemical invasions that can change its characteristics, IMO. Also another good reason to approach shooting brass barreled antiques/repros with a good deal of trepiditation, too !

Not being a metallurgist, can't offer any concrete evidence/suggestions ! As a hairy-knuckled service rep of some experience I can relate I've observed enough incidents of heat/contaminents/alloys to err on the side of caution. >MW

Old 11-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Annealing machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
Cool! Which one?
The Ballistic Edge model 350. It seemed like the best compromise for my needs due to the large variation in case sizes that I load for. It has a universal shellplate to move the cases through the flames. The model 350 has the triple torch setup which I hope will allow for pretty even heating of the case neck. They had an as new unit that was used by someone at Long Range Hunting for an article on that site, I saved about $85 on it. I'm going torch shopping this weekend

Ballistic Edge Mfg - MODEL 350

-Rick